Broken Door Locks - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-07-2010, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Broken Door Locks

So my Drivers side door is no longer locking. Windows roll up and down fine. When i use the key fob or in the inside of the Jeep no luck. Barely moves on the door. Any suggestions ideas? I have repeatedly unplugged and plugged the door back in, still no luck. Anyone know which fuse it might be, how to remove and replace it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Rock God

Garage

Sounds like a bent prong or loose cable on the harness to me.

07 JK 2/DR Sahara, 35" Wrangler kevlar, 10k Winch, Garvin Roof Rack, 3" Black Diamond, CatBack Exhaust, RR Gen-1 Snorkel, too much more to list

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Welcome to JKOWNERS- Home of boobs, guns, meat, and Jeeps.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Granite Guru

My drivers side is doing the same thing. I assume the actuator is wearing out.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Prosperity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 04-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Granite Guru

Well, I guess this is todays question...

Mine started doing the same thing this morning...I'm going to tear the door apart and see what's up this weekend...

2007 JK Unlimited "X"

TF 3" Kit w/4 Arm Flex Kit, TF HD F & R Adj. Track Bars, TF HD Steering Stabilizer, Yukon 5.13 gears, CenterForce II Clutch, Black Rock Soft 8's 16x8, Cooper Discoverer STT 315/75/16, RR XHD Front w/Stinger, SB XRC Rear w/Carrier, KC 130W Slim Lights w/Windshield Mounts, Xenon Flat Fenders, SB XRC8 Winch
post #5 of 11 Old 04-15-2010, 08:27 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

there is a write up for taking apart the door panel in the write up section fyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #6 of 11 Old 04-17-2010, 01:01 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I hardly ever lock mine so I don't have this issue yet, but I'll watch this thread so that I know the fix when it does happen.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #7 of 11 Old 04-17-2010, 06:25 AM
Granite Guru

doors havent seen mine in weeks.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Rock God

Garage
Resurrection

Old thread, same question. My Driver's side power door lock isn't working. I can lock & unlock manually fine. The other 3 doors lock & unlock fine. I've unplugged & re-plugged the door in. Power windows work fine.

Did you guys ever find the answer to this & get it working? What did it entail?

2011 5.3L GM LC9 Aluminum LS V8 Conversion w/ Custom Dyno Tune
Aluminum Genright Bumpers Front & Rear - Aluminum Nemesis Rockers
PR44/RCV/Reid Front - Superior Rear - ORF Front / Poly Rear Cage - ORF Tire Carrier
RK 3.5" Springs - Fox 2.0 Adjustable Shocks - JKS Arms & Trackbars - Poly Steering
post #9 of 11 Old 08-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Wheeler

Some additional information will help trouble-shoot where the problem might be. For example:

If you leave that door open or ajar, do you get the dash warning of a door open?
When you open that door does the interior light go on?
When everything is locked, if you open that interior handle do the other doors unlock?
If you lock that door with the key from outside what happens to the other doors?

There are only 4 electrical connectors to the door latch. Two of them are related to the interior light and ajar indicator. Those two connectors are part of the latch for either the manual doors or electric doors. The other two connectors are part of the electric lock/unlock. So, if part of the function is working (interior lights, door ajar) and the other functions are not, I suspect a bad door latch. If none of the functions are working, then either the latch or door wiring harness. Might be as simple as the connector loose on the latch as well.

Chris
post #10 of 11 Old 08-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisholm View Post
Some additional information will help trouble-shoot where the problem might be. For example:

If you leave that door open or ajar, do you get the dash warning of a door open?
Yes

When you open that door does the interior light go on?
Yes

When everything is locked, if you open that interior handle do the other doors unlock?
I don't think so - need to double check that one.
Edit: I checked tonight - nope, they don't unlock w/ just the door handle.

If you lock that door with the key from outside what happens to the other doors?
Nothing

There are only 4 electrical connectors to the door latch. Two of them are related to the interior light and ajar indicator. Those two connectors are part of the latch for either the manual doors or electric doors. The other two connectors are part of the electric lock/unlock. So, if part of the function is working (interior lights, door ajar) and the other functions are not, I suspect a bad door latch. If none of the functions are working, then either the latch or door wiring harness. Might be as simple as the connector loose on the latch as well.

Chris
Thanks for the suggestions. Answers I know are above. When I operate it with the key, the mechanism feels stiff & really hard to turn most of the time. Is the door latch & the door lock actuator the same integrated piece?

2011 5.3L GM LC9 Aluminum LS V8 Conversion w/ Custom Dyno Tune
Aluminum Genright Bumpers Front & Rear - Aluminum Nemesis Rockers
PR44/RCV/Reid Front - Superior Rear - ORF Front / Poly Rear Cage - ORF Tire Carrier
RK 3.5" Springs - Fox 2.0 Adjustable Shocks - JKS Arms & Trackbars - Poly Steering

Last edited by Jeep2.0; 08-22-2011 at 07:50 PM.
post #11 of 11 Old 07-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Jeeprhino

same issue

Jeep 2.0 / Chrisholm : What was the outcome? I am having this EXACT problem. Driver side door, doesn't respond to rke (keyless entry). Others do. Same problem. Please, help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode