JKOwners Forum banner

Anyone else have to replace tail light bulbs often?

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Asmmns 
#1 ·
I feel like every three months I have a rear turn signal out. It seems excessive so I was just wondering if it's a jeep thing or unique to me.

#4 ·
put dielectric grease on the connections to avoid corrosion I sued to have this problem until I did this everywhere been good since

#5 ·
Maybe hit then with some contact cleaner and then use some dielectric grease? Sometimes Im glad we have no weather/salt here.

#6 ·
Stop standing on your brakes... lol J/K of course.

Check for a leak in that housing as others have stated, probably water getting in there and buring bulbs out.

#13 ·
Light bulbs? What's that? I only speak in LED. :thefinger:
LOL. Yeah, when I first saw the OP's question, I was just gonna say, "No," and post a pic of my LEDs. :D

Sounds like all the helpful people have already chimed in though. I used to have more of these issues when I lived in Arkansas. The humidity there would corrode the contacts. Dielectric grease will be your friend, but make sure you're getting good contact before you squirt it full of grease. You might even have to scuff the contacts if it's bad enough.

There. I was helpful after all. :thankyou:

#15 ·
I used to replace them often... along with the entire stock taillight as they would be getting smashed a few times a year on the trails.

flush mount led's and haven't looked back !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.