Jeep unlock options do not save for more than a couple days. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-13-2015, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Jeep unlock options do not save for more than a couple days.

Hello all,

I have a 2008 JKUR 6 speed with 111K miles on it. Recently I have been having trouble with my lock programming. When I brought the Jeep home from the dealer in 2008, I set up all the lock/unlock stuff like I wanted it. All doors unlock with one click, all doors unlock when the drivers door opens, no horn or head light flash when locking or unlocking.

A couple months ago all the programming went back to how it comes from the factory. Horn honks and lights flash when locking, only one door unlocks unless I use the lock/unlock switch on the door or hit the remote twice.

I reprogrammed it like I want it, and it worked for a week or so. Now, it is back to some of the default setting, mainly all doors not unlocking when I open the drivers door, and only the drivers door unlocking with one press of the remote. This is annoying because I leave my key in the ignition at work and usually hop out, open the rear passenger door and let my dog out, and then open the gate to grab my work jacket and some tools. After over 100K of having everything unlock when I open my door, I find it's hard to reprogram my brain to hit the unlock switch when I get out.

I know the SKREEM system also receives the TPMS signal. I am also having a possible issue there. I have no sensors. I had a superchips and turned the system off. Now I have the Diablo that came with my Ripp headers and can only set to zero and not turn off, so I have the light on. Sometimes after and hour or more of driving the tire pressure light will flash and ding every 2 minutes or so until I shut off the ignition and restart.

I checked the battery (AGM type) under the hood. It's connections are tight, and it load checks like new. I thought I would mention that since it's the first thing I always tell people to check with electrical issues.

Any ideas? I wonder if the battery in the key can cause this?

2008 JKU Rubicon
TerraFlex 4" coils
Fox 2.0's
Smitty SRC Bumper
Smitty XRC Winch
Hella Rally 4000's
Hella H4 Headlight conversion
K&N CAI
Diablo In Tune
Ripp Headers
American Racing Mojave 17x8
Cooper AT3 315/70/17

140K pretty much trouble free miles despite the constant abuse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-13-2015, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I will also add, I have reprogrammed three times now and it returns to default after a few days each time.

2008 JKU Rubicon
TerraFlex 4" coils
Fox 2.0's
Smitty SRC Bumper
Smitty XRC Winch
Hella Rally 4000's
K&N CAI
Diablo In Tune
Ripp Headers
Cooper AT3 315/70/17

post #3 of 6 Old 05-21-2015, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I should have titled this post "Obama is sending gay men to convince children to turn their parents guns in" or maybe tagged it NSFW and just called it Boobs. Then maybe it would have got a reply.

2008 JKU Rubicon
TerraFlex 4" coils
Fox 2.0's
Smitty SRC Bumper
Smitty XRC Winch
Hella Rally 4000's
K&N CAI
Diablo In Tune
Ripp Headers
Cooper AT3 315/70/17

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-12-2015, 01:47 AM
Granite Guru

hey mate, my 07 has been exhibiting some random "features" not dissimilar to yours also.

I replaced the battery and this didn't really resolve them.

Not only will my jeep not turn off the auto-door lock feature or unlock all doors when the driver's door is opened, the headlight on/off timer when using the keyfob is extremely delayed. I can unlock the beast and the headlights won't turn on for a few seconds, sometimes in excess of 5 seconds.

apart from these gremlins the vehicle behaves as expected, so I'm not actually worrying about it.

From a very quick google it would seem that chrysler vehicles have experienced CANBUS gremlins for as long as the system has existed but actual TIPM (totally integrated power module) failures are fairly rare.

ex: RHD JK 2dr CRD auto
now: RHD JK 2dr Rubicon 3.8 6spd
post #5 of 6 Old 06-12-2015, 04:41 AM
Granite Guru

Probably the total integrated power module, aka TIPM. Google it and you will learn everything you need to know.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-12-2015, 07:38 AM
Rock God

Garage

Try disconnecting the battery for a bit. I don't know why, but the couple of times I've had electrical issues the problems have been resolved by disconnecting and letting it sit for a while. Maybe the loss of charge clears out the memory in the TIPM and lets it reset. Give it a shot, you've got nothing to lose.

~ Dave G. ~
Jersey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsub View Post
I'll see you in hell with the rest of the Crew.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode