Hey guys, hoping one of yall may have run into this before -
- Interior overhead lights, domes on the b and C pillars, and map lights in the rear view mirror, will not go off while driving and will not turn off when Jeep is turned off(until the 10min timer hits).
- All doors do register as shut on the dash
- Switch on the stem off the steering wheel is turned to the off position.
- 2014 JK Unlimited Rubicon, stock radios, stock doors, stock electrical for the most part with addons listed below (lights, arb, switchpro, etc)
- No interior LEDs - all interior lights are stock.
- Do have LED tails(MetalCloak with resistors),
- Do have LED headlights(JW speaker with sms harness)
- Do have LED fogs(JW Speakers with Headlight Revolution harnesses)
Things that Changed Prior to Issue:
- Started after I had a Poison Spyder trail cage, synergy bpillar, and poison spyder Cpillar kit installed. Honestly didn't think much of it and figured I had forgot to close a door or had another simple problem and proceeded to install a Switchpros switch panel with a midland handheld cb(already had, just moved to switchpro), oro rock lights, and Arb twin compressor hooked up to it before my next wheeling trip. At that trip I realized it wasn't a small problem and since haven't been able to figure it out.
- Ensured Doors/Tailgate were closed. No open door warning on dash.
- Ensured stem was set to off. If I do turn the lights to the on position on steering wheel stem, the lights do get a tad bit brighter and when I turn them off a tad bit dimmer so I'm assuming there are two circuits providing power and need to figure out what is causing the first circuit to keep the lights on.
- Tried to pull the battery cables and leave them undone for 10min and hook back up, no change.
- Pulling the appropriate fuse does cut the lights off but not a fix.
- Unhooked all addon electrical accessories iteratively to see if I could isolate any of those as an issue and even unplugged the headlights and fogs with no change to the ill behavior. Did not unhook tail lights but I've had those for months.
My inclination is a wire was nicked or is pinched in one of the door harnesses when the cage was put in that allows the computer to think the door is closed but not turn off the lights but I don't know. The shop that installed the cage is willing to diag it but figured I'd ask and see if any of yall had run into this.. Open to ideas/thoughts/suggestions.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Last edited by BigPrince; 05-10-2015 at 07:46 PM.