Another TruckLite Question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-08-2015, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Another TruckLite Question

I installed the TruckLites with the anti flicker harness in my Jeep about a year ago, I have not driven my Jeep much since I work overseas. It appears that I have a loose connection on my driver's side light, I have noticed that the light will go out when I am driving. I can play with the wires and get the light to turn on and off.

My question is if there is anyway to tighten up or repair the anti flicker harness without rewiring the entire thing? I am beginning to wonder if it would be easier to just by another set of the anti flicker harnesses and try again. I love the lights and have had no other issue at all. I think that I bought the lights and harnesses too long ago to try to get a new harness from the supplier.

Thanks for any assistance.

Rodney
Famous Last Words
"Here, hold my beer and watch this!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-08-2015, 04:27 AM
Wheeler

I had the same issue. After a few times of taking the grill off to fix the connection I gave up and broke out the soldering iron. Not one problem since I removed the connection between the anti flicker harness and the headlighs.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-08-2015, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by holaCG View Post
I had the same issue. After a few times of taking the grill off to fix the connection I gave up and broke out the soldering iron. Not one problem since I removed the connection between the anti flicker harness and the headlighs.
That is what I was thinking of doing. So there was no problem just cutting the connection and soldering the wires together? Thank you for the information.

Rodney
Famous Last Words
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Rock God

Here's what Truck-Lite said when I contacted them about the same issue. I did this for a friend's jeep and he hasn't had any issues since.

-----

This sounds like a connection issue somewhere. When dealing with electrical components, there is always a possibility of an interference somewhere. If you could do some trouble shooting, that would really help identify the problem - and we back our products, so a replacement will be sent if needed.

I would recommend you check all connections to make sure they are sealed tightly. Using dielectric grease on all connections is very important to seal out any moisture that could lead to corrosion and problems down the line. We have seen instances from other customers where the weakness is in the JEEP harness/ connector (green oem plug) posing problems. The latch feature on the Jeep connector weakens or fails so you're getting a poor connection. The weight of our PWM harness doesn't help, but is a needed component on JKs. Try one Zip-tie per harness - reinforcing the connection between our plug and the oem green plug. This may be a simple fix to the flickering on your JEEP. Please give this a try as it's easier than replacing the green jeep Connector.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-08-2015, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

That is something that I can try before I break out the soldering iron. I know that one of the connections is weak, I didn't really have time to diagnose exactly which connection. Thank you for the information

Rodney
Famous Last Words
post #6 of 6 Old 04-09-2015, 04:42 AM
Wheeler

I started with dielectric grease and zip ties but the problem was the female side wasn't holding the connectors in the plug. So when I would plug the two parts together, instead of engaging with each other the connectors would get pushed out the back of the plug. That's when I gave up and soldered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode