Just ordered my CB and antenna - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 03-17-2010, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Just ordered my CB and antenna

CB Radio Store Items
1 FireStik II FS3 CB Antenna 3 foot 5/8 wave - Black, Red, White or Blue (Black) @ $22.49 = $22.49
1 Cobra 75WXST Remote CB & Weather Radio @ $97.49 = $97.49
1 Firestik K124A Stainless Steel Flat Universal Mount with K4A SO239 Stud Connector K-124A @ $6.59 = $6.59
1 FireStik K1A Internal Locking Quick Antenna Disconnect @ $12.99 = $12.99
1 FireStik SS3H Stainless Steel CB Antenna Spring SS-3H @ $10.59 = $10.59
1 FireStik K8A - Single 18' Coax With PL259 Plug Stud Connector @ $14.49 = $14.49

Sub-Total: $164.64

Shipping: $24.98 (UPS Ground)

Sales Tax: $0.00

CB Radio Store Total: $189.62

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-17-2010, 06:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

nice
i think i have either 18 or 20 ft of coax and its really hidden.
my cb is mounted next to the drivers knee and i had just enough to reach but you can get more slack if needed by moving the coax under the passenger side a little bit but where it wont get stepped on.

you dont want it steeped on and tape it down cause you dont want it to kink either

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #3 of 16 Old 03-18-2010, 05:46 AM
JKO Addict!

same set up but I need to get an antenna spring

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 03-18-2010, 02:43 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAmphibious View Post
cant keep it up??????

post #5 of 16 Old 03-18-2010, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAmphibious View Post
I got the heavy duty spring. Hope that was the right one.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #6 of 16 Old 03-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Rock God

Sounds like a good setup and a good price, I think I will be going with the same setup....thanks for the info

HANG ON TIGHT...I SAW THIS IN A CARTOON ONCE...I THINK I CAN DO IT!!
08 4 DOOR, FLAME RED, 3" SKYJACKER LIFT, 325/70-17 NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS, MOTO METAL 951 WHEELS, RANCHO REAR BUMPER/TIRE CARRIER,DAYSTAR HOOD WRANGLERS, RAINGLER GRIPS, MOPAR SLUSH MATS
post #7 of 16 Old 03-18-2010, 08:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i got the med duty as the hd versions was monstrous its flips in teh wind a little on mine

post #8 of 16 Old 03-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Granite Guru

I've got the same set up with same firestick/cobra weather radio and for some reason it gets really bad reception and it's really hard to hear when people talk. The only way I can hear with it is when the person I'm talking to is right in front of me and the stereo is totally off. I think I saw something about putting a ground on the tailgate or some shiot like that. I also have a cobra 125 classic w/4'firestick and bootleg azz visegrip mount on my Ranger that blows the weather radio out of the water. It is so loud and clear that I usually leave the volume 1/4 to 1/3 the way up. It looks super tacky though so I'm going to leave it out of the JK. Plus I like having the weather in the JK for the family.
post #9 of 16 Old 03-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatenPath View Post
i got the med duty as the hd versions was monstrous its flips in teh wind a little on mine
My firestick is super stiff in the wind("Thats what she said")

That was the only reason for this post... sorry bout that...
post #10 of 16 Old 03-19-2010, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddandshari'sjk View Post
Sounds like a good setup and a good price, I think I will be going with the same setup....thanks for the info
I thought the guy had good prices. I could have gotten the CB for 8-10 bucks cheaper on Amazon but he had everything and shipped it within hours of the order. I like supporting the little guys too.

, Granite,
post #11 of 16 Old 03-19-2010, 01:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy110 View Post
My firestick is super stiff in the wind("Thats what she said")

That was the only reason for this post... sorry bout that...
you must be a carrot top

sry for the hijacks its just the possiblities are endless

post #12 of 16 Old 03-24-2010, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Unfortunately, my good deeds to the small guy goes punished again.

I haven't heard anything from the seller in a week after 2 emails. I called their phone and it's disconnected.

I'm disputing the claim with PayPal now. Not worried since I was backed up by AmExp who has never let me down in a dispute yet.

Now look for another CB vendor. Suggestions to get everything at one place?

, Granite,
post #13 of 16 Old 03-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Rock God

Cool Tech.
That is where I just got my antenna and mount.
Great CS and fast shipping.

'09 4dr Rubi Detonator Yellow
35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s they SUCK!
Rugged Ridge XHD bumper Warn 9.5ti
3.5 Mid arm Rock Krawler
Finally 5.13s
post #14 of 16 Old 03-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Rock God

Garage

I odered mine set up from Walcott CB. Fast shipping and great customer support if you have any questions.

2008 Rubicon Unlimited | Rescue Green | OME Long Travel HD Lift | Raceline Monster Beadlocks | 39.5 Irok Bias Tires| 5.13 Gears | PSC BFH Front Bumper | PSC Flares | PCS Crusher Corners |PSC Rock Brawler Rear w/tire carrier | Warn 9.5ti | ARB High Flow On Board Air | sPOD |Rock Hard Sport Cage | Poly High Steer Kit | Poly Front Track Bar Brace | Alloy Chromoly Rear Axle Shafts
post #15 of 16 Old 03-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Granite Guru

I've had good luck with Wollcott CB and Universal Radio.

KD8NHC
08 4 Door Rubicon
Member of Two Trackers 4wd Club
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
post #16 of 16 Old 03-25-2010, 10:04 AM

X2 for Cooltec

09 Rubicon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode