Solstice Led Lights - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 03-15-2010, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Solstice Led Lights

I just got myself a couple of Solstice Led lights from Vision X and damn these things are bright for one LED... 900 lumens per light. Does anyone know if these would be too bright to use in the place of the factory fog lights? I've got the Euro beam. I also got one flood beam for a reverse light... nobody likes me backing up now.

Thanks for any responses and ideas.

Steve

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 03-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Rock God

I've only seen pictures... but they seem to put out a lot of light, and I would expect someone to flash you... but try it and see what happens... worse case is you'll get a few flash's and go from there... either keeping your fogs as is, or keep using the LEDs.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
post #3 of 20 Old 03-16-2010, 02:55 AM
Rock God

WE WANT PICS!!!

I want to see the 6100s and 4100s in action before I drop $2100! My Lightforce HIDs work very well, but I am not completely thrilled with the warm-up time of HIDs. Sometimes, I need light NOW!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 03-17-2010, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Well I got some pics last night... I have the light mounted on my spare tire carrier. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.

Last edited by 07unlimitedx; 08-06-2010 at 11:56 PM.
post #5 of 20 Old 03-17-2010, 09:33 AM
JKO Addict!

Holy shitballs!!

Thats lot of light for such a small lil thing.
post #6 of 20 Old 03-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Rock God

900 lumens isnt a tremendous amount of light, but the LED will definitely make them appear to be more. I'm not dogging them at all... I have a lot of respect for VisionX products. Comparatively speaking, our HID lights are 3200 lumens.

Dave Dorsen [847-410-3750]

*Dealer inquiries welcome*
post #7 of 20 Old 03-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillidge View Post
Holy shitballs!!

Thats lot of light for such a small lil thing.
I dunno... kinda hard to judge how much light that really is... the pic is looking right into the light... Even a crappy light might look good taking the pic like this.

OP can we get a shot from the jeep looking towards the rear at the actual light output? Also what type of LED did you get (pattern wise)? Last time I looked, they have a few different light patterns (10degrees, 15, etc)...

Looking at the pics that are there, I don't think you could use these lights as a replacement for your fog lights.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
post #8 of 20 Old 03-17-2010, 01:12 PM
JKO Addict!

I have played around with these things in a local shop. They are stupid bright, but I am not sure how far they "throw" the light.

A cool feature is that you can clip them together to make your own light bar or whatever you want.
post #9 of 20 Old 03-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Granite Guru

I have 4 of these on the front of the jeep, while not HID bright they throw a good amount of light. I went with them because I have never like the look of a bunch of lights all over the jeep. I was able to mount these in the openings of the grill and they are kinda hidden. I will get pics when I get home.

Like I said they are not as bright when compared to a HID, but for the small size and small power requirements they are legit. I will probably upgrade to a led bar once I figure out how I want to mount it.

Nick

07 Rubicon
post #10 of 20 Old 03-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Granite Guru

Ok I lied here are the pics of what I did, and som shots of the light.

low beams and fogs

low beams fogs 4 LEDs

highs

highs and LEDs

just LEDs

I need to mess around with aiming them some, and I might adjust the mounting a bit. All of the photos were taken with my iPhone, so not the best quality but you should get the idea

Nick

07 Rubicon
post #11 of 20 Old 03-25-2010, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07MDRubi View Post
Ok I lied here are the pics of what I did, and som shots of the light.

low beams and fogs

low beams fogs 4 LEDs

highs

highs and LEDs

just LEDs

I need to mess around with aiming them some, and I might adjust the mounting a bit. All of the photos were taken with my iPhone, so not the best quality but you should get the idea
Did you mount them be hind your grill?

post #12 of 20 Old 03-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Rock God

What bumper is that?

2008 Patriot Limited 4x4
2010 Jeep JK Sport 2dr/6spd/3.73's

Go visit
...and tell your friends!
post #13 of 20 Old 03-25-2010, 10:32 AM
JKO Addict!

looks like a treks bumper

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #14 of 20 Old 03-26-2010, 07:33 AM
Granite Guru

I mounted them in the slots of the grill, thet stick out just a hair infront of the grill. I just bent up a piece of metal and taped 2 hole in the radiator support and booted the mount to that. I can get more pics if you want.

It's a treks bumper.

Nick

07 Rubicon
post #15 of 20 Old 03-27-2010, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07MDRubi View Post
I mounted them in the slots of the grill, thet stick out just a hair infront of the grill. I just bent up a piece of metal and taped 2 hole in the radiator support and booted the mount to that. I can get more pics if you want.

It's a treks bumper.
pics would be great, if not a problem. thanks!

post #16 of 20 Old 03-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to Motorsports2

I would like to see pictures of the grill install too. This is very nice

These Solstice Solo lights are a true 900 lumens, they are bright but are not designed to be the brightest, baddest single light. We have other HID and LED products that will blow away any other light on the market.

I have taken many photos of lights at night to try and give a good representation of the product on pirate. It is very difficult to make an "Honest" post with how any light looks at night compared to any other light. You have to have a camera with a manual setting, and lock in the shutter speed and F-Stop and not change it between the comparison shots. it is very easy to manipulate the images to give a better than reality improvement. Just my $.02

post #17 of 20 Old 03-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Granite Guru

I will get pics tomorrow, I was out running around all day.

I know it has been stated that these are not the brightes led out there but for me they dd enough light to the stock lights, and out here I am never really going to be to far out in the middle of nowhere where I need the supper lights for a long time.

I picked these up from derick(motorsports2) and he was great to deal with. I have one light in the euro patern that I am going to put on the rear bumper, I just need to exchange it cause its not working right at the moment. Just got to stop being lazy and drop it off at the post office.

Nick

07 Rubicon
post #18 of 20 Old 03-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Granite Guru

Ok, snapped some pics with the lights off to give a better idea of how they are mounted.

As you can see the lights fit pretty good between the slots of the grill. Originally i was only going to put one light per slot, but there was not enough room to make the mounting bracket work real easily, so I decided to stack 2 lights vertically.

You can see the plate that I bent up in this picture where the lights are mounted, I just bent a piece of 16 gauge steel with 2-1/2" legs on each side, notched out the one leg in the area where the hood latch is and used 2 bolts into the radiator cross member that I taped holes into. I have had it like this for about a month now, and while the mount may not seem that stout to read about, these lights are not heavy so it has held up well, even with all the wind pressure the front end sees.

Angled view

View showing how much the stick out from the grill. This could be adjusted by making the one leg longer or shorter.

Some shots of everything lite up

Again Everything was taken with my iPhone, I left my camera at work, and since there is not flash on the phone I could not take pics of the mount real well.

Nick

07 Rubicon
post #19 of 20 Old 03-28-2010, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Thanks for the pics... I think I'll be doing the same.

post #20 of 20 Old 04-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to Motorsports2

Those are great pictures. Do you use those for DRL's too?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode