Tire Size Variable ECM Specific Location - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-11-2010, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Tire Size Variable ECM Specific Location

I have the Chrysler Diagnostic Application on my PC connected to my Jeep and am monitoring all CAN activity, and it appears I can change things using this application. My question is does anyone know what the programmers out there change when re-calibrating the speedometer? There are a lot of variables that can be changed, but I cannot find one specific to tire size. It also appears I can change tuning specs also, this could be a way to go instead of buying the programmer for me or having the dealership re-calibrate for $75.

I am going to ask superchips and a contact at Chrysler, but these can take a few days. Will post back if I find anything out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-11-2010, 03:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I had my local dealer "flash" the 'puter once I put on some 285/75R16 tires. The exact term the tech used was "set to the highest pinion setting". Sounds like gear values. Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-24-2010, 08:01 PM

can bus monitor program

Oh..Oh.. I want to hear more about this application you are running. I am trying to figure out more about the CAN bus. I have an elm327 code reader, but it only covers the normal ODBII codes and system variables. Please drop me a line and let me know what kind of stuff your application is showing you... printscreen is good!. Any web links or pointers to the software documentation would be very interesting. Ultimately, I would like to be able to build a custom replacement instrument cluster, but that involves a lot of CAN bus traffic for all the gauges and readouts as well as the system messages like gASCAP!.
cheers
Lawrence of Nanoose Bay BC Canada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode