CB install pics - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 03-07-2010, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
CB install pics

Is there a write up anywhere on this? Yeah, I'm sure it's been discussed, but I'm a visual kind of guy and I like pics.

Can some of you take pics of your install spots, wiring, antenna mounts, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-07-2010, 02:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
post #3 of 14 Old 03-07-2010, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Thanks. There are a few good pics in that one.

What about the antenna?

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 03-07-2010, 08:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

click this link if you wanna make a antenna bracket its really easy
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21331

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #5 of 14 Old 03-19-2010, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Ok, guys, since #1, I'm lazy and procastinate alot; #2, I've been busy with other stuff; #3, I haven't figured out just how yet... I haven't installed my CB yet.

The instructions say to put the red wire direct to the battery, the orange wire to an accessory outlet (i.e. cigarette lighter), and the black to (obviously) ground. My question is, where is a good wire for the orange? Do I need to buy something like http://www.quadratec.com/products/96080_98.htm this from Quadratec? I don't think I need the parts, but it might be worth it just to know which wire they're talking about.

I'll figure out a mounting spot. I just need someone here to help me out with the wiring part. Can someone tell me how you've wired yours?

If there's anyone in this area that cares to help me, then let me know. I could probably make a little road trip next week sometime.

Quote:

post #6 of 14 Old 03-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Rock God

I was thinking about running my CB to a switch, anyone done that before?

2008 Patriot Limited 4x4
2010 Jeep JK Sport 2dr/6spd/3.73's

Go visit
...and tell your friends!
post #7 of 14 Old 03-19-2010, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

That'd be sorta redundant since there's already an on/off switch.

Quote:

post #8 of 14 Old 03-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Rock God

Just thinking you could mount it in/under the glove box, leave it on, and just flip the switch when you need to use it..

2008 Patriot Limited 4x4
2010 Jeep JK Sport 2dr/6spd/3.73's

Go visit
...and tell your friends!
post #9 of 14 Old 03-19-2010, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmurfJK View Post
Just thinking you could mount it in/under the glove box, leave it on, and just flip the switch when you need to use it..
I thought of that, but I'm not sure how well it could be heard in the glove box. I'm still trying to figure out where I want to mount it, too.

Quote:

post #10 of 14 Old 03-19-2010, 01:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

post #11 of 14 Old 03-19-2010, 02:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to sniper41

I'm usually around and am off Monday, and will be here Sunday if you wnat to do the road trip to the big city!! If Haddonfield can be called that. That way you can look at how mine was wired and I'd be glad to help you with installing and what not! Just let me know or PM me Jeeper!

Doug 08 4dr X 6 spd Det Yellow
You are a load that should have been swallowed, but someone as bitter as you are probably would have been spat out. Ahh Dancin Dan
Jersey
Crew
post #12 of 14 Old 03-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Rock God

Mine is over the rearview mirror and I have it wired thru the overhead sw panel, to just flick on/off

Quote:
Antenna's on the 3rd brakelight stalk

JIMBO

Man, you gotta have style

"YELLOW JEEP No. 683"
post #13 of 14 Old 03-19-2010, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatenPath View Post
Two questions on that setup. I think I'll have enough room with it mounted there.

#1 - where did you run the ground wire to?

#2 - where did you pass the hot wire through the firewall?

Quote:

post #14 of 14 Old 03-19-2010, 03:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i have the carpet out as you can see. see where that red wire is leading to well its like a empty spot that leads to the other side.i attached the hot and the ground wire and ran it thru there. their is a bolt right on the other side in the passenger footwell. thats where its grounded at.basically the bolt to the left of the yellow! sticker is wehre its grounded but the passenger side as i had enough wire to do so.
i also put in a quick disconnect on both wires so i can easily remove it. the white box is the fuse box so instead of opening that to disconnect and risk losing the fuse i just did it to both wires

and i ran my hot wire thruthe drain plug in the passenger side footwell. foolow the crossmember and if you look up there is light coming in between teh inner fender and some other liner. attach the hot wire back on to a hanger that is straightened out and have somebody above to grab the wire and attache it to the battery

Last edited by TheBeatenPath; 03-19-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode