2008 JK Unlimited Fuse Question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-16-2015, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

2008 JK Unlimited Fuse Question

I have used the search bar both here and google and come up with nothing. I have a 2008 Wrangler that has a draw on the battery. I seem to have it isolated to fuse J15 (Rear Blower). I pulled the fuse 5 days ago and let the Jeep sit, it has maintained 12 volts. Can someone help me out explaining what J15 does. I would love to track down a wiring diagram and see if I cant trace this problem out. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-16-2015, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

More Info : Base model, Soft top, manual transmission
post #3 of 7 Old 02-16-2015, 10:49 AM
Rock God

Does your 2008 JK actually have a rear blower?

2008 Unlimited Rubicon Automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-16-2015, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

No it does not, thats why I am confused that there is a fuse still in the fuse block
post #5 of 7 Old 02-16-2015, 11:13 AM
Rock God

There are several fuses in the TIPM that don't have a function due to the option not being installed.

That fuse feeds a pin that connects to a harness under the TIPM. With no rear blower installed, there is no wire in the harness to connect to the pin.
The fuse is fed by relay K9, which has no control contact, so the coil should never be energized.

So we come down to your battery voltage readings.

You said after 5 days with the fuse out, it maintained 12 volts. In order to evaluate that reading, we need to know a more exact reading, such as 12.6, or 12.3, etc.

What is the battery's voltage reading right after shutdown?
With the fuse in place, what is the voltage reading after a day of sitting?
With the fuse out, what is the voltage reading after a day of sitting.

Do you have a meter you can use to monitor real-time draw on the battery?

Last edited by ronjenx; 02-16-2015 at 11:15 AM.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-16-2015, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Ok my sincere apologies for leaving out this crucial piece of info but I do have K9 out of the Jeep as well as J15.

After 2 days sitting it was at 12.3.The reading as of this morning was 12.3. I just started it let it run for 5 minutes, pulled it inside and shut it off and its currently at 12.4.

No start as been an ongoing problem for some time and I had made a spreadsheet with all the fuses listed and systematically pulled fuses until I could narrow down what was causing the draw. There is no constant draw to be able to track down. It would sit for 2-3 days and start no problem with no draw then the next day an absolutely bone dead battery.

I have access to a friends AllData account and all of the wiring diagrams but I cannot find anything associated with a rear blower. As of last week I had it narrowed down to the IOD main or the rear blower. I pushed the IOD main back in on thursday of last week after a week of sitting. Battery measured at 12.3 volts when I pushed IOD back in.

The simple solution is to just leave the fuse and relay out and I understand that but my jeep has a history of multiple jeep service centers looking into this issue and its never been resolved. I am hoping to see this though and find the exact cause.
post #7 of 7 Old 02-16-2015, 12:51 PM
Rock God

I'm not sure if you are saying it's better with J15 pulled, or not better.

Check the voltage with the engine running. It should be around 14.3v.

Check the voltage with the engine off, after it has been run long enough to get a good charge. It should be well above 12.6v.

Disconnect the battery negative cable, and let it sit for a day, then read the voltage. It should stay above 12.6.

After this, you should have a better direction to proceed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode