Diablosport Trinity does not do gear changes - 2013 JK - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-16-2015, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Diablosport Trinity does not do gear changes - 2013 JK

I just wanted to share my experience with the Diablosport Trinity.

I picked a trinity up last year and used it to tune my engine for fun, it did feel a little more peppy using the 91 octane so I was happy with that. Then I put on 35" tires and used the trinity to adjust the speedo for that, also very happy with that result.

For the next part, please understand that my JK is an automatic and results will differ for a manual. Last Friday, I picked up my JK after having the gears changed to 4.88. I pulled out the trinity and adjusted for the gears by selecting 4.88 in the quick adjustments (BTW 4.88 is as low as the Trinity goes). However, the JK instantly went into limp mode and I could only use third gear. So I pulled over and set the gears back to stock at 4.10. Started off and after one shift - right back into limp mode.

So I decided to back-out all of the tunes and start from scratch. After waiting for almost 1/2 hour for this process to finish, I started up the Jeep with no tuning applied. I'm sure ya'll know what happened next - Bam! Right back into limp mode which is as expected, but I had to try. I putt 4.88 back in the tuner as the only change to write to the computer, reset all codes, and went right into limp mode again.At this point, the shop is closed, and I'm just pissed so I drove the 30 miles home in third gear.

When I got home, I ordered a Superchips Flashcal on Amazon which arrived Saturday afternoon. I made sure to set the JK back to stock with the Trinity and installed the Flashcal. Using the Flashcal, I set the gears to 4.88 and drove off down the street waiting for limp mode to start...and it never did. The Flashcal worked! I was so excited after all the bull crappery of using the Trinity that I drove back home and grabbed the wife to go get some dinner at the Brewery here in HMB.

Luckily for us, my wife has a 2013 Ram with the Hemi so the Trinity will find a home in her truck. I just hope that someone considering the Trinity for gear changes sees this thread and realizes that the only thing it does is Speedo correction and doesn't know what to tell your automatic when you change gears which will lead to limp mode. If anyone from Diablo reads this, I do have the latest tuning on the Trinity and no I didn't call you guys - I don't have that kind of time to waste.

Last edited by Fleshharrower; 02-16-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-16-2015, 11:33 AM
Rock God

I'm a fan of diablo tuners but they are only GREAT for vehicles that go fast. Completely garbage for Jeep's meaning other tuners out there do the same for our jeeps and more.

If you want to mod your Charger or Challenger Diablo all the way if you want to wheel your Jeep find another tuner, that is more "Jeep" / "offroad" friendly.

Diablo is a performance based tuning company. They don't care about the Jeepers needs unless it's to make it go fast or gain HP.

2014 JKU Rubicon, 2007 Superbee #692/1000, BMC Hooligan (my chopper yea it's a Rigid)
"There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit."
- Ronald Reagan 40th President of the United States (1981-1989)
post #3 of 3 Old 02-16-2015, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yep - agreed with you about Diablo being best for go fast cars. You hit the nail on the head, I bought the Trinity used from my buddy who has a Challenger SRT8 and purchased a super charger which came with a Trinity of its own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode