Help me figure this out. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-05-2015, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Help me figure this out.

Here's the deal my jeep has done this since the day we bought it at auction. The speedo is off with stock gears an tires. It came from Canada and seems to of been converted to US standard in the dash panel. I have bought a procal to set it for the new tires and gear ratio but it did not fix the original problem. All wheel speed sensors are working properly. Up to 35 mph it is dead on per the GPS speedo I test with and my Garmin. At 40 it is actually 45. At 50 it is actually 58 at 60 it is at 70 at 65 im at almost 80.

Plus now my ABS is way over active. I have replaced the clock spring twice. The dealerships looks at me like i have a dick growing out of my forehead because i modified my jeep with a MOTECH conversion. I have worked thru this with them but cannot get a dealer to understand that it is still the same original problem i came from Canada with stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-05-2015, 08:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

What "MoTech" conversion?

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-05-2015, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

5.3l and 6l80e. The dealers around Robbie have seen enough of them they understand what he is telling them. Around me here in Michigan there are very few of us in the SW corner of the state. All the dealerships with the testing tools for this issue blame it on something to do with the lift or the engine conversion. There is something in the CANBUS or Chrysler programming, kph/mph conversion I assume they did properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-05-2015, 09:15 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68w30 View Post
Here's the deal my jeep has done this since the day we bought it at auction. The speedo is off with stock gears an tires. It came from Canada and seems to of been converted to US standard in the dash panel. I have bought a procal to set it for the new tires and gear ratio but it did not fix the original problem. All wheel speed sensors are working properly. Up to 35 mph it is dead on per the GPS speedo I test with and my Garmin. At 40 it is actually 45. At 50 it is actually 58 at 60 it is at 70 at 65 im at almost 80.

Plus now my ABS is way over active. I have replaced the clock spring twice. The dealerships looks at me like i have a dick growing out of my forehead because i modified my jeep with a MOTECH conversion. I have worked thru this with them but cannot get a dealer to understand that it is still the same original problem i came from Canada with stock.
OK, so if I'm picking up what you're laying down . . .
At 45 MPH, it's indicating 89% of GPS speed.
At 58 MPH, it's indicating 86% of GPS speed.
At 70 MPH, it's indicating 86% of GPS speed.
At 80 MPH, it's indicating 81% of GPS speed.
Well, you could try to figure out what factory defect or KPH-MPH conversion error or other root cause is throwing it off . . .
OR
. . . you could use a programmer to lie to your Jeep about your gears and/or tire size by about 85% and call it good

That bitch is lying to you, so return the favor instead of trying to figure out what's pissing her off.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #5 of 8 Old 02-06-2015, 10:25 AM
JKO Addict!

If you go back to the original instrument panel, what happens? Is the Km/h speedo off also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-06-2015, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I don't know it was done before i got it. I've tried calling the chrysler tech hotline but can never get thru to talk to a person to have them run the vin to find out where the conversion was done. I'm beginning to think that it may not of been done right and they only changed out the cluster.

I did try a AEV Procal. It did not fix the problem. I had to lie to it to get it as close as it is now for around town driving.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-07-2015, 07:11 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

How do you know what gears you have? It sounds like you are setting the programmer to the incorrect gearing. I would try 3.21, 3.73, 4.10, etc till it was close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #8 of 8 Old 02-08-2015, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I changed the gear ratio to 4.56 and added lockers.
I have tried several combos with the procal but that has shown not to be the fix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode