75 Watt Led Headlights - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 02-05-2015, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

75 Watt Led Headlights

So i received a set of 75 watt led headlights from an overseas supplier for conducting a review of their product, I only had to pay shipping, so if they aren't any good no real loss.
The shipping packaging was great. Lots of protection from damage.

The lights are very sturdy these did not come with the H13 connector attached so it either needs hard wired or the plug attached. They did provide the plug ends. There are several retailers selling these and most will pre-install the plug. Lifetime is the only one that i am aware of that don't have the plugs attached.

The ribbons on the top and bottom are drl and the middle line the dims and the top and bottom row are the high beam. Install should be done this weekend.

My plan is to get the plugs installed before this weekend and then install on Saturday, I will provide a full review with light output numbers and comparison between the Raxiom H13 drop ins I am running and if I can grab my co-worker Saturday night some comparison shots to stock headlight bulbs.

2013 Wrangler JKU Sport Rock Lobster - Rugged Ridge trailer hitch, drop in air filter, grab handles; Smittybilt SRC rock sliders with steps, SRC rear bumper, G.E.A.R Tailgate cover; Daystar center console with cell phone holder; Rock Krawler 1.5" springs paired with Rancho RS9000xl shocks; and many more mods to come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-05-2015, 10:45 AM
Granite Guru

Any idea if those are DOT approved?
post #3 of 13 Old 02-05-2015, 11:13 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I'm thinking that would be no...

I am looking forward to output shots from these, though.
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.

Last edited by JKCTAZ; 02-05-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 02-05-2015, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

They are not DOT approved, but neither are the 4 offroad lights on the front of my vehicle. In fact in Illinois you are limited to one spot light on the front of your vehicle, glad they don't enforce that law. I have been advised that one of the retailers is in the process of seeking DOT approval. I will post a full video of light output along with lumen numbers so everyone can get a good feel for these lights. If I find them to be hazardous to other drivers I will remove them. My current Raxiom H13 replacement bulbs are not very powerful and cause a lot of light flashing, this could be due to needing alignment. If they do get DOT approval I will let everyone know.

2013 Wrangler JKU Sport Rock Lobster - Rugged Ridge trailer hitch, drop in air filter, grab handles; Smittybilt SRC rock sliders with steps, SRC rear bumper, G.E.A.R Tailgate cover; Daystar center console with cell phone holder; Rock Krawler 1.5" springs paired with Rancho RS9000xl shocks; and many more mods to come
post #5 of 13 Old 02-09-2015, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Well made some adjustments and believe I have the tuned in. The photos are from a cell phone so not the best quality pictures. Are these equivalent to a JW Speaker or trucklite, can only judge based upon photos, but I would say no they aren't. Are they an improvement over stock headlights, absolutely. When I light everything up on front I now have daylight. My a-pillar lights hit beyond the brights, then the brights then my two 36 Watt light bars flood the sides of the road. The lumens are much greater with these lights. The color is between 5500k and 6000k. You can see the difference when the fogs are lite.
Before they were adjusted.
Dims plus fog

Brights

Dims

Dims fogs

Brights

Brights plus two 6 inch offroad lights
[/QUOTE]

Dims 25 feet away from the building.

Brights

dims no fogs on city street

Would I recommend these lights, yes for someone who's budget would not allow a $400-$850 for the higher end lights, but you need to get them at the right price, $300 for these is the max value of them. At that point save your money and get Peterson or Quadratec lights, as they both can be had for just under $400.00. The nice thing with these you can get them with an H13 plug from most retailers. I have seen no flicker that is common with most LED light systems, they put off sufficient heat that I don't see ice build up being an issue. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

For comparison here are the numbers on my Raxiom led replacement bulbs.

Raxiom headlights 30 feet away with no wall behind

post #6 of 13 Old 02-09-2015, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Hit my limit of photos in a single post, here is how they look installed. Really thinking of doing the trim rings body color matched. DRL's are not attached at this point, but will connected to the side markers.

post #7 of 13 Old 02-10-2015, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Some more photos from my ION camera attached to the light bar.
dims with fogs

dims

brights

Not certain what caused the Optimus Prime shadow.

after adjustments
dims with fogs

dims

brights

video prior to adjustment

post #8 of 13 Old 02-10-2015, 01:40 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Those things have little to no foreground lighting. Weird little dot artifacts. Definitely not JW Speaker type output. Not the worst i've seen, but wonder how much glare they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #9 of 13 Old 02-10-2015, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

The dots appear almost directly in front of the jeep. No one has brighted me yet. Going to try and get a video of from the point of view of another vehicle passing by. As far as foreground still working on the best alignment for these housings.

post #10 of 13 Old 03-08-2015, 02:10 PM
Gib
Rock God

So after a month with these, what do you think?
post #11 of 13 Old 03-08-2015, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

So far i like them, still narrowing the best adjustment, i believe they need a little horizontal adjustment. But so far they work great. Really don't need the a pillar lights with these on brights. I do notice slight flicjer at temos below 20 degrees. I may pick up a lifetime led abtiflicker harness. I still have to connect the drl ribbons.

post #12 of 13 Old 05-22-2015, 02:29 PM
Rock God

Did you need to run anti flickers on these. If so which ones did you use

My build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 13 Old 05-22-2015, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

They flicker occasionally. Thinking of getting one

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode