Dash light crazy.... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 02-26-2010, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Dash light crazy....

Okay well as many of you know my jeep was recently 1/2 submerged for a while.

A few days ago the ABS and ESP and the skidding jeep light all came on. They went off after driving a mile or so. Came back on after I restarted and haven't gone off since. I don't think anything is not working, but the lights are really annoying.
Also the front locker light has blinked on a few times...

any ideas?
I have pulled the battery cable, nothing (my radio presets didnt go away though so im pretty confused about that)

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 02-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Granite Guru

When you say submerged, how deep, how long?

Sounds like your ECU got wet, that could be bad, water and computers tend not to get along.
post #3 of 35 Old 02-26-2010, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_nigma View Post
When you say submerged, how deep, how long?

Sounds like your ECU got wet, that could be bad, water and computers tend not to get along.
see avatar and 4 or 5 hours....theres a thread about it somewhere.

But no, TIPM already replaced.

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 Old 02-26-2010, 07:50 PM
JKO Addict!

I wonder if the multi switch in the console has a problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #5 of 35 Old 02-26-2010, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyguy View Post
I wonder if the multi switch in the console has a problem.
Hmmm....the skidding jeep turns off when the ESP button is pushed....
I cant remember if the switches were underwater or not....thats a good point...

but in that case why the ABS light?

-Doc Holiday
post #6 of 35 Old 02-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to D5Fire

Man it sucks that your rig is starting to spaz on you. If you need any help with it, Im sure Im the wrong guy, but Ill stand around and watch you work and make the smartass comments.

Fortis cadere, cedere non potest

Poison Spyder BFH w/ trail stinger, custom rear BFH, crusher flares, rocker knockers, evap skid, hood louver. Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel, Teraflex rear tire carrier, River Raider cowl snorkel,Warn VR 10,000 lbs winch, sPod, Rigid 50"SR.
post #7 of 35 Old 02-26-2010, 08:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
Hmmm....the skidding jeep turns off when the ESP button is pushed....
I cant remember if the switches were underwater or not....thats a good point...

but in that case why the ABS light?
It might have shut down the system. The abs, esp and bas are all tied into the stability control.

|
|
post #8 of 35 Old 02-26-2010, 09:13 PM
JKowners Vendor

Just to clarify: is the ABS light on and the ESP/BAS light and the "slippery when wet" light? They are three different lights. I just ask because the ABS light is a separate problem, whereas your ESP/BAS light could be:
1. uneven tire pressure
2. a drag link adjustment (is your steering wheel straight?)
3. water/mud in your steering wheel--could be okay when dried out, but most likely a new clock spring would be in order.

Did you get your fuse box cleaned up and dried out?

Nena Barlow

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #9 of 35 Old 02-27-2010, 04:24 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to D5Fire

If I took my superchips and returned my vehicle to stock, could I hook it up to his to find out exactly what errors the lights are associated with? Then of course return his to stock and put it back on mine?

Fortis cadere, cedere non potest

Poison Spyder BFH w/ trail stinger, custom rear BFH, crusher flares, rocker knockers, evap skid, hood louver. Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel, Teraflex rear tire carrier, River Raider cowl snorkel,Warn VR 10,000 lbs winch, sPod, Rigid 50"SR.
post #10 of 35 Old 02-28-2010, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep School View Post
Just to clarify: is the ABS light on and the ESP/BAS light and the "slippery when wet" light? They are three different lights. I just ask because the ABS light is a separate problem, whereas your ESP/BAS light could be:
1. uneven tire pressure
2. a drag link adjustment (is your steering wheel straight?)
3. water/mud in your steering wheel--could be okay when dried out, but most likely a new clock spring would be in order.

Did you get your fuse box cleaned up and dried out?
Yeah the steering wheel is centered, its not that. Its not acting as though the systems are not working correctly aka the ESP is not kicking in at random times, or around curves. Haven't had it in the rain to test if the ABS is actually working or not.

Weird thing is its not throwing any codes at all......

-Doc Holiday
post #11 of 35 Old 03-01-2010, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Well new symptom as of last night.
I no longer have cruise control.....

-Doc Holiday
post #12 of 35 Old 03-01-2010, 05:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

steering control module or the clock spring, but I never heard of the clock spring causing ABS/ESP problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #13 of 35 Old 03-01-2010, 06:01 PM
JKO Addict!

What about turn signals and brake lights?

|
|
post #14 of 35 Old 03-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by D5Fire View Post
If I took my superchips and returned my vehicle to stock, could I hook it up to his to find out exactly what errors the lights are associated with? Then of course return his to stock and put it back on mine?
only if there is a DTC
post #15 of 35 Old 03-01-2010, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyguy View Post
What about turn signals and brake lights?
All working as far as I know.
Ill be sure and check tomorrow.

-Doc Holiday
post #16 of 35 Old 03-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Rock God

Garage

Just set it on fire and call it in stolen. Take the lift and winch off first

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.I.I.K View Post
Ok We need to organize a "Strippers and Blow Trail Run" It can raise money for college scholarships
Raleigh Meet and Greet,
Check the thread ------------->
post #17 of 35 Old 03-01-2010, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcd View Post
Just set it on fire and call it in stolen. Take the lift and winch off first
Im about to that point here.

-Doc Holiday
post #18 of 35 Old 03-02-2010, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

any more input? Turn signals are working.....
And the cruise will come on at random intervals I cant replicate it though, just sometimes it works. Sometimes it says "cruise" on the dash but when i try and set it it turns off again...

Its getting thoroughly annoying
The last thing I need right now is a dealer bill, definitely cant afford it at the moment.

-Doc Holiday
post #19 of 35 Old 03-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Rock God

I have the same thing going on myself. Its been like this for a few months, and I've just been ignoring it. Mine never was treated like a submarine so that isnt it. Mine started with these same symptoms after putting in my PSC gear box (done at a shop) and changing out the TB and DL. It is starting to sound like my clock spring... which is how I stumbled on to this thread searching... Did you ever figure anything out?

Dave Dorsen [847-410-3750]

*Dealer inquiries welcome*
post #20 of 35 Old 03-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Rock God

Garage

Could be an abs sensor in one of the wheels... Mine had all the same symptoms. After I broke my axleshaft in Uwharrie I was a little less then gentle getting the new one back in and I stressed the ABS wire and sensor. Replacing the sensor fixed the issue.

But I had all your symptoms... ABS light eps/bas light swiggly light and no cruise. The fact that yours is intermittent could mean one of the sensors is going.

They're not that expensive... I dont think it was more than $10 - $15.

Joe -
-
-
-
post #21 of 35 Old 03-23-2010, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaverse View Post
Could be an abs sensor in one of the wheels... Mine had all the same symptoms. After I broke my axleshaft in Uwharrie I was a little less then gentle getting the new one back in and I stressed the ABS wire and sensor. Replacing the sensor fixed the issue.

But I had all your symptoms... ABS light eps/bas light swiggly light and no cruise. The fact that yours is intermittent could mean one of the sensors is going.

Joe that's good to hear...a little light on the horizon..
you have a link to the sensors? I may have stressed them pretty good putting the lift on, i was too lazy to loosen or disconnect the control arms, i just used a little good ole fashioned muscle instead

-Doc Holiday
post #22 of 35 Old 03-23-2010, 03:08 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

if your getting those lights and the crusie doesnt work then its prob a wheel sensor. i had the same problem after wheeling in snow and ice , it up messed up the left rear sensor.

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #23 of 35 Old 03-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaverse View Post

x2. I would guess it is a wheel speed sensor. They tend to get crap in them easilly and go out. When they do start going you will be getting these symptoms.

Jon

08 Rubicon
post #24 of 35 Old 03-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Rock God

Garage

The hard part is determining which sensor(s) it is.

I cant find a part number for it, but mine was the "Front ABS Wheel Sensor". MoparPartsAmerica.com shows "request price" in lieu of an actual price. I'd call your parts counter, thats what I did. Ask for pricing on the front and rear sensor, maybe get one of each.

Joe -
-
-
-
post #25 of 35 Old 03-23-2010, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

You guys are awesome!
Ill give them a call tomorrow

-Doc Holiday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode