7" Vortex LED Headlight - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 01-26-2015, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

7" Vortex LED Headlight

Looking for reviews on this headlight. Anyone have any inputs? http://www.visionxusa.com/product/au...led-headlight/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 01-26-2015, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I think I'm sold on these from their YouTube cideo showing a comparison of the JW Speaker headlights. But $800 is a lot of money.
post #3 of 34 Old 01-26-2015, 05:32 PM
JKowners Vendor

Have a link, only U tubes I've seen have been on a Harley and am not impressed at all. Best IMO is a true Projection Hid headlight puts everything I've seen to shame.

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Rock Krawler, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, SWAY-A-WAY, Ridid, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old 01-26-2015, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

post #5 of 34 Old 01-26-2015, 11:01 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFN4LO View Post
I think I'm sold on these from their YouTube cideo showing a comparison of the JW Speaker headlights. But $800 is a lot of money.
. . . It is, but not much different than a set of J. W. Speakers.

My Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
post #6 of 34 Old 01-27-2015, 08:19 AM
JKowners Vendor

Get a true Projection Hid....less $ and so much better..

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Rock Krawler, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, SWAY-A-WAY, Ridid, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

post #7 of 34 Old 01-27-2015, 09:46 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

2 ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #8 of 34 Old 01-27-2015, 08:23 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc View Post
Get a true Projection Hid....less $ and so much better..
I'm a fan of projection based HID systems (former BMW driver here), but I feel the life of a HID bulb bouncing around on trails will be shortened significantly, no?
post #9 of 34 Old 01-28-2015, 10:17 AM
JKowners Vendor

I haven't seen any indication of that happening.

post #10 of 34 Old 01-28-2015, 11:44 AM
Granite Guru

My Morimoto Sealed7s from The Retrofit Source are the best headlights I've ever had.
post #11 of 34 Old 01-28-2015, 11:52 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I have gone down washboard roads and done some moderate trails with the Sealed 7's and haven't had any issues after almost 7 months.

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #12 of 34 Old 01-28-2015, 12:03 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy5280 View Post
I'm a fan of projection based HID systems (former BMW driver here), but I feel the life of a HID bulb bouncing around on trails will be shortened significantly, no?
HIDs have no filament to break. It's just a small capsule of gas with essentially a welders arc going through it. As long as you're not bumping it enough to break the glass gas capsule, it won't burn out.

The main drawback to HID is that they run at very high voltages, and are susceptible to moisture just like high voltage spark plug wires. A big puddle, and you can be driving home in the dark. I've had HIDs flame out on several occasions for this reason.

HIDs are also finicky about voltage. If your Jeep has the automatic headlights like mine, turning the key on lights the HIDs, but the voltage drop from running the starter almost always made one flame out. I'd have to turn the lights back off and on to restart it. It got old after a while.

_
'76 CJ-7, '43 CJ-2a, '78 Bronco,'78 CJ-7, '75 CJ-5, '78 CJ-7, '80 CJ-7, '78 SJ, '79 SJ, '78 and a '76 FJ-40 , '90 XJ, '91 XJ, '86 CJ-7, '95 ZJ, '68 CJ-101 Commando, '00 TJ, '68 M-715, 2 '86 Military Blazers, '96 LR Discovery, '86 CJ-7, '91 YJ, '99 TJ, 07' JKU Rubi, 1988 YJ, 1973 Commando, 3 Diesel Excursions....
Now back to a 2013 JKU Rubicon with "stuff", planning 37's with minimal lift.

I've tried them all... Jeeps are still the best. (0||||0)
post #13 of 34 Old 01-28-2015, 01:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

There a lot of things that i'd spend major time and cash fixing on the jeep. The head lights aren't one of those things for me. When i swap, it's going to be for some drop in trucklight style LED's and i'm calling it good. As it is, i can always flick on the LED fogs to give me a little extra.

In all honestly, i'll probably be taking lights off the jeep this year.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
post #14 of 34 Old 01-28-2015, 01:20 PM
Rock God

Any body got pics of the JW Speakers compared to the Morimot Sealed 7's?

2014 JKUR, 3.5" X Factor RK lift, 40" Nitto Trail Grappler's, RIPP supercharger and UD60s.
post #15 of 34 Old 01-28-2015, 03:11 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

The Morimoto has an interface harness to avoid any voltage or PWM problems. TRS did a S7 vs. JW Speaker comparison at one point. Not sure what became of it or if they finished it...

https://m.facebook.com/TheRetrofitSo...636881/?type=1

Quote:
post #16 of 34 Old 01-28-2015, 03:45 PM
JKowners Vendor

JW Speakers, I have them...they do not compare with Morimoto Sealed7s ...sorry don't have pictures.

post #17 of 34 Old 01-28-2015, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Please elaborate.. Above you mentioned to get an true HID. Are you admitting that the JW Speaker is better?

Last edited by LIFN4LO; 01-28-2015 at 04:01 PM.
post #18 of 34 Old 01-28-2015, 03:58 PM
JKowners Vendor

That's not what I said...
I would NEVER put a hid bulb into a non Hid projector like some sell...I would and do use correctly made true projection hids like the Morimoto Sealed7s

FYI I don't sell them.

post #19 of 34 Old 01-28-2015, 04:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
JW Speakers, I have them...they do not compare with Morimoto Sealed7s ...sorry don't have pictures.
Which one is better?

post #20 of 34 Old 01-28-2015, 05:27 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Light output? S7 all day! Ease of install, JW Speaker.

Quote:
post #21 of 34 Old 01-28-2015, 07:19 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Which one is better?
Really

post #22 of 34 Old 01-29-2015, 07:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Quote:
Really
Yes really, your previous statement is opened ended enough to mean the S7s don't hold a candle to the JWs or vice versa...

post #23 of 34 Old 01-29-2015, 07:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Light output? S7 all day! Ease of install, JW Speaker.
Is anyone selling an already retrofitted S7 kit for the JK?

post #24 of 34 Old 01-29-2015, 08:22 AM
JKowners Vendor

Ok, NO LED headlight is as good as a true projection Hid like the Morimoto Sealed7s.

Yes their is a company doing them..I'll PM you the info.

post #25 of 34 Old 01-29-2015, 08:31 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

You can order the S7 directly from TRS pre-assembled.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode