Lifetime LED Lights 70 Watt High/Low Beam LED - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 01-19-2015, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Question Lifetime LED Lights 70 Watt High/Low Beam LED

Anyone have reviews on these headlight replacement bulbs? http://www.rebeloffroad.com/product-...370w3200jk.htm

'07 JKU X Traded.
'10 JKU Sport Rolled 7 times
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Total Loss
'14 JKUR Third times the Charm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 01-19-2015, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I would love to see some comparative pics if you have them.
post #3 of 28 Old 01-20-2015, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Am i on the wrong forum?!? This used to be the place for quick answers. What happened! This place seems so dead lately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 01-20-2015, 06:31 PM
Granite Guru

A buddy ran these for a year with great success. Way brighter and better than stock. I bought them off my buddy but unfortunately only got 3 days use out of them before one side took a dump. The high beam would still work but the low would flicker and ultimately half the low leds went out, and the remaining half were super dim. The lifetime warranty is non transferable. I plan on ordering a set and keeping the one good one i still have as a spare. They are straight forward plug and play and a good option if you dont want to drop alot of coin. I seen lifetime led also has the proper clocking rings for the JK now to put the leds at the 12/6 oclock position instead of the 10/4 position
post #5 of 28 Old 01-21-2015, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Awesome! Thank you for the input. I will go ahead and order and give them a go. I will try to make a comparative review.
post #6 of 28 Old 01-21-2015, 08:23 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Are these the same ones? Save 100 bucks.

https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/le..._led_headlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #7 of 28 Old 01-21-2015, 09:07 AM
Rock God

Garage

I'm having an issue with the "70 watt" claim. LEDs make about ten times as much light per watt than incandescent/halogens. The factory high beam is 65 watts, I believe. So a 70 watt LED should be making ten times as much light as a standard high beam. WAY too much to use on the road.

Unless I'm missing something, these are either misrepresented as 70W, or way too bright for street use.

I'm interested to see how it turns out. Let us know.

_
'76 CJ-7, '43 CJ-2a, '78 Bronco,'78 CJ-7, '75 CJ-5, '78 CJ-7, '80 CJ-7, '78 SJ, '79 SJ, '78 and a '76 FJ-40 , '90 XJ, '91 XJ, '86 CJ-7, '95 ZJ, '68 CJ-101 Commando, '00 TJ, '68 M-715, 2 '86 Military Blazers, '96 LR Discovery, '86 CJ-7, '91 YJ, '99 TJ, 07' JKU Rubi, 1988 YJ, 1973 Commando, 3 Diesel Excursions....
Now back to a 2013 JKU Rubicon with "stuff", planning 37's with minimal lift.

I've tried them all... Jeeps are still the best. (0||||0)
post #8 of 28 Old 01-21-2015, 10:15 AM
Granite Guru

the link uncle sam posted is to the set I have. I didn't even realize the price in the rebel link. if I get some time this evening Ill pop the one good one I have in and post a picture of the difference between it and stock
post #9 of 28 Old 01-21-2015, 11:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
Are these the same ones? Save 100 bucks.

https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/le..._led_headlight
Based on the specs no. The ones on Rebel's site put out more light and color temp is different.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 28 Old 01-21-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Based on the specs no. The ones on Rebel's site put out more light and color temp is different.
You are correct. These are it I think.

https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/le...ts_h13_70_watt

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #11 of 28 Old 01-21-2015, 12:56 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
You are correct. These are it I think.

https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/le...ts_h13_70_watt
Are these good or junk like all the other cheap options?

2014 JKUR, 3.5" X Factor RK lift, 40" Nitto Trail Grappler's, RIPP supercharger and UD60s.
post #12 of 28 Old 01-21-2015, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch79 View Post
Are these good or junk like all the other cheap options?
I don't know, I did buy their 50 inch light bar and it has held up nicely.

Quote:
Quote:
post #13 of 28 Old 01-21-2015, 06:16 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I'll keep saying this over and over again. These drop in options make you a giant douche if you run them. The glare from these units is off the chart. These are on the same playing field as drop in HID options. Yeah, they throw light, so much in fact, that they blind everyone but you and the cars directly behind you.

But hey, they're cheap and cool. Right?

This shit is the same as dropping a 500 dollar suspension under a 40k dollar Jeep. Spend the extra 200 bucks and get some Truck Lite's which had some thought and engineering placed into their reflector design. Proper lighting isn't a fluke, it takes design and trial/error to get a properly aimed and transmitted pattern.

Had to interject, hate seeing people waste money on this garbage that actually bothers other people on the road with light scatter and glare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #14 of 28 Old 01-21-2015, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thank you all for the input. I dont really care what other people think. I just want to be better than stock without breaking the bank. I wanted to do a wire harness with the diodes and all that jazz but dont really know how to do it. Seems the plug and play light swap is fast and easy. And the DOT approved is something that i also like.
post #15 of 28 Old 01-21-2015, 08:37 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFN4LO View Post
Thank you all for the input. I dont really care what other people think. I just want to be better than stock without breaking the bank. I wanted to do a wire harness with the diodes and all that jazz but dont really know how to do it. Seems the plug and play light swap is fast and easy. And the DOT approved is something that i also like.
Douchetastic!

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #16 of 28 Old 01-22-2015, 12:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Douchetastic!
Welcome to America.

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
post #17 of 28 Old 01-22-2015, 09:13 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
I'll keep saying this over and over again. These drop in options make you a giant douche if you run them. The glare from these units is off the chart. These are on the same playing field as drop in HID options. Yeah, they throw light, so much in fact, that they blind everyone but you and the cars directly behind you.
Please correct if I am wrong but I remember reading that in the headlight shoot out, the drop in rebels actually had a pretty good cut off. I remember buying my JK and hearing the sales rep say the headlights were HID. It was during the day so I didn't get a chance to test that but between that and the shoot out bit I had it in my head that the housings were designed to be HID and then Jeep pinched a few pennies and chose BS lights.

post #18 of 28 Old 01-22-2015, 09:22 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Maybe i'm jaded now by these TRS S7's, but whenever I see a JK with HID drop in bulbs, I want to punch the driver in the throat. The "cutoff" is a blob of horizontal light, in all fairness. It's about the same cutoff as the D2 in the Euro pattern. Try using those as a headlight.

It's simple, all manufacturers that use a reflector with HID bulbs like the D2 bulb use a D2R which has a section of the bulb that is blocked by a band and the reflector is shaped in an oval so the light is forced to reflect flat. You will never get a decent shape and cut off with a stock JK reflector unless you install projectors.

Why do you think guys like Tom from HIDP are so successful? End of the day, he is providing the correct way to get good lighting out of a shitty headlight assembly without blinding every mofo within a 1/4 mile ahead of you.

I've stated my thoughts, the OP doesn't care what I think despite actual facts. Have fun being an idiot OP!

Quote:
post #19 of 28 Old 01-22-2015, 09:28 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

If the OP wants to see what true HID enthusiasts think of drop in, have a gander.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...light=hid+fail

Quote:
post #20 of 28 Old 01-22-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Maybe i'm jaded now by these TRS S7's, but whenever I see a JK with HID drop in bulbs, I want to punch the driver in the throat. The "cutoff" is a blob of horizontal light, in all fairness. It's about the same cutoff as the D2 in the Euro pattern. Try using those as a headlight.

It's simple, all manufacturers that use a reflector with HID bulbs like the D2 bulb use a D2R which has a section of the bulb that is blocked by a band and the reflector is shaped in an oval so the light is forced to reflect flat. You will never get a decent shape and cut off with a stock JK reflector unless you install projectors.

Why do you think guys like Tom from HIDP are so successful? End of the day, he is providing the correct way to get good lighting out of a shitty headlight assembly without blinding every mofo within a 1/4 mile ahead of you.

I've stated my thoughts, the OP doesn't care what I think despite actual facts. Have fun being an idiot OP!
I'm hearing you about being smart about how you shine. Whats your best suggestion for full replacement headlamps??? Your right, the stockers SUXX and the market is floaded with cheap a$$ LED, HID crap that fails when you least expect it.
post #21 of 28 Old 01-22-2015, 05:26 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodo View Post
I'm hearing you about being smart about how you shine. Whats your best suggestion for full replacement headlamps??? Your right, the stockers SUXX and the market is floaded with cheap a$$ LED, HID crap that fails when you least expect it.
Depends on what you want to achieve. If you want to upgrade the stock lights and get more light, the KC's would be my choice for complete LED replacements followed by the Truck Lite. If money was no object, hands down it would be the JW Evolution 2's.

Otherwise, on the HID side, on a budget, retrofit a set of stock assemblies with Mini H1 prjectors. I went with the Retrofit Source/Morimoto Sealed 7 replacement projector assembly and honestly it was the best option out there for light output because the Mini D2S 3.0 projector can safely handle 50w bulbs without reflector bowl damage. These require more wiring harness and parts, but the only vehicle I have seen lately that outshined me was a 2015 Mercedes CL. Otherwise, my light output and color is on par with Lexus LS and RX luxury sedans. That is pretty impressive.

So it all depends on how much light you want and ease of install. I see the draw behind the drop in PnP crap, it's easy and cheap. Sadly, the PnP crowd typically doesn't know any better or don't care that they are pissing everyone off with the cast off and glare.

Quote:
post #22 of 28 Old 01-22-2015, 10:56 PM

Good to know, thanks.
post #23 of 28 Old 01-23-2015, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

JKCTAZ, the sooner you realize to let things go that are out of your control the happier you will be. I understood you the first time. You don't like drop in HIDs. We get it. My original question was to see if anyone has ran these specific lights because their website is a little questionable.
post #24 of 28 Old 01-23-2015, 11:23 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Drop in anything, to be clear. It's all just half ass. I don't expect to control anything. All I can hope for is that people read threads like this and quit being idiots blinding people going the opposite direction and in front of them. How would you feel if someone blinded one of your loved ones, they missed a critical moment to react, and it caused them injury. There are a lot of people who suffer from minor night blindness and running shit lighting affects those people. So, saying that you don't care what other people think about you doing something clearly asinine is going to get you scoffed at, that is also a part of life, eh?

Besides, I was responding to other users on this thread as well with information relevant to lighting, welcome to public forums.

Quote:
post #25 of 28 Old 02-27-2015, 04:47 AM
Wheeler

I had these in my FJ Cruiser and those suckers were bright but I got flashed all the time. I was going to remove them but sold it for the Jeep. I'm going to save some cash up and get a housing led combo. They do need to be designed together. Those lifetimes are dangerous. I mean they either blind everyone or you have to adjust so far down, you can't see that far.
This is just my experience with them.

2015 Unlimited Willys package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode