Rigid industries - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 01-06-2015, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Rigid industries

Wanting to replace the stock Jk fog lights with a set of the rigid industries Dually or the D2's . Are the Rigid industries lights worth the money or is there a different brand out there , for less money with the same quality . Thanks in advance for the feed back . Also looking for a 2 row light bar for my Titan . Could u also put in comments where I may purchase said items .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-06-2015, 01:42 PM
JKO Addict!

I doubt you find a product out there with the same quality and performance at a significantly lower price. That being said, you'll probably be just as impressed with the cheap Chinese knockoffs that are on the market today, so search around for some of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #3 of 10 Old 01-06-2015, 03:02 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I have the Rigid D2 driving beam in my fogs and when I get more lights I'm going to move them somewhere else and get a set of amber Rigids for my fog lights since the white reflects off everything and amber doesn't. Also if you want to use the factory fog light switch you will need to use the relay that comes in the rigid kit and use the factory fog light harness to trigger the relay or they will flicker because the stupid fucking canbus system sends a micro pulse to check for resistance to make sure the bulb is still good. This will cause the LED to light up but not the factory halogen. I had to explain that to a border patrol officer at midnight.

2012 JKU Rubicon - Build Thread -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 01-06-2015, 05:12 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Looks at USMCDoc's light post with a stress test with baja designs (bd) vs R.I. If I ever get new lights, i'm switching. I run RI wide in my bumper as well, and i get the flicker issue. once i get time i'll rewire them through a relay to work with the factory switch to eliminate the flicker. it's bright enough that you can see a flash. the white does reflect off every damn thing. i use my 10" light bar with amber cover if need be instead of the fog lights.

LOD Rock Sliders, PSC rear bumper w/tire carrier and Brawler lite front bumper w/stinger, GenRight Alum Fenders, XRC 10 winch w/Viking Synthetic Line, RI 10" E-Series light, 4 D2 lights, 2 SR-M series, ARB front/rear air lockers, ARB compressor, Rock Krawler 3.5" MTS w/Blistein 5100 shocks 35" BFG KM2's on M/T Side Bitter Rims
post #5 of 10 Old 01-07-2015, 05:12 AM
Wheeler

I replaced my stock fogs with Inspired Engineering Cube Lights. They have plug and play connectors to connect to the stock fog light wiring and have no flicker issues.
post #6 of 10 Old 01-07-2015, 06:05 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

vision x also makes plug and play from what i hear. Just make sure to use a relay if you don't get a plug and play set.

LOD Rock Sliders, PSC rear bumper w/tire carrier and Brawler lite front bumper w/stinger, GenRight Alum Fenders, XRC 10 winch w/Viking Synthetic Line, RI 10" E-Series light, 4 D2 lights, 2 SR-M series, ARB front/rear air lockers, ARB compressor, Rock Krawler 3.5" MTS w/Blistein 5100 shocks 35" BFG KM2's on M/T Side Bitter Rims
post #7 of 10 Old 01-07-2015, 11:23 PM
Granite Guru

RI has the dot certified 6" and dually lights now for fog replacment. I don't have them but looks interesting.
post #8 of 10 Old 02-11-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jku09 View Post
RI has the dot certified 6" and dually lights now for fog replacment. I don't have them but looks interesting.
I just bought and mounted the DOT fogs in my poison spyder bumper and love them. I tried the method of wiring them through the stock switch and had major problems with the relay buzzing and cutting out. Wired them the normal way using the rigid relay and included switch and zero problems and they run even brighter. Completely overpower my stock headlights. I'll never try and go through the can bus again. Bypass from now on for reliable results.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-11-2015, 06:20 PM

Sorry fellas, tried to uplad pics but no surprise it wouldn't work
post #10 of 10 Old 02-27-2015, 11:22 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAM View Post
I just bought and mounted the DOT fogs in my poison spyder bumper and love them. I tried the method of wiring them through the stock switch and had major problems with the relay buzzing and cutting out. Wired them the normal way using the rigid relay and included switch and zero problems and they run even brighter. Completely overpower my stock headlights. I'll never try and go through the can bus again. Bypass from now on for reliable results.
I am definitely going to try this. Mine flicker when the Jeep is off and NEVER STOP. They flicker all day and night. They seem to run fine through the stock switch but I'll run them to my sPod and see if I notice a difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode