where to run wires - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2010, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
where to run wires

ok so i have some kc reverse lights in the back and i ran my wires under the jeep on the passenger side, worked great for the summer but then nj decided to get 5 feet of snow over this winter and i had a lot of slush build up and then turn to ice causing my wires to sag down. i had them up there pretty good with a lot of zip ties but still wasn't enough, where are you guys running your wires to the rear. through the inside and then coming out somehow? any ideas let me know

Steel Blue 07 2dr
"Its the A.M bitches, its time for donuts!"
Jersey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Rock God

You can use a fish tape and pull them through the frame. I have several sets of wires running through mine.

2014 Rubi Unlimited

2008 2dr X SOLD
with some chit on it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc307 View Post
You can use a fish tape and pull them through the frame. I have several sets of wires running through mine.
Good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2010, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

thanks ill have to try that, the lights are wire, im glad a saw it before the ice ball hanging from my wires got any bigger or i would be doing a complete re-wire, so ill just yank all the wires from the relay and pull them through, thanks a lot for the idea!

Steel Blue 07 2dr
"Its the A.M bitches, its time for donuts!"
Jersey
Crew
Old 02-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Wheeler

I have the same setup. I was able to run my wire above the frame and fuel tank on the passenger side. It is also zip tied. I haven't had any issues, knock wood.

So that may be an easier way for you.

Regards, Tim
Old 03-09-2010, 07:02 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I'm a little slow in replying to this but my preference is to have as little wiring under the body as possible. I'm running some rear view camera wires from my rear bumper to my dash. I'm tucking them inside the existing trailer connector wire loom up to the compartment behind the left tail light. From there up through the rubber grommet that has existing tail light wires going through it into the inside of the Jeep. From there the existing and my new wires lay under the carpet on the left side, inside of a loom. Follow that wire loom, under some plastic moulding, to the front left seat. The existing wire loom goes under to seat. I am continuing my new loom along the left side under the plastic moulding, up into the left dash panel.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I did the same as Timbo... put the wire in loom and run them over the gas tank... lots of zip ties, it's been there all winter and no problems.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in