Seat Belt Chime Issue - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-16-2014, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Seat Belt Chime Issue

Had to take out my front driver's seat on Sunday...spilled 24 oz of coffee and cream under the seat a week or so ago and it was starting to get gamey...needed to clean.

Pulled the seat, disconnected the wiring harness for the seat belt indicator, reinstalled the seat, and reconnected the wiring harness until I heard it click into place.

Since then the damn seat belt warning chime and light will not turn off. Annoying as hell, thankfully less than 4 miles to work...but I need to fix this. Any thoughts?

I tried the following (several times) to at least turn off the chime, no joy, did not work.

Quote:
NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position. The manufacturer does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert).

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.
The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

NOTE: Although the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) has been deactivated, the Seat Belt Warning Light will continue to illuminate while the driver’s seat belt remains unfastened.
Wonder if I didn't pinch a wire or strain the wiring harness when I reinstalled the seat.

And yes, I've used the search function....

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-16-2014, 02:59 PM
Rock God

Garage

I've had my seats out many a time. sounds like a pinched wire or bad connection.

or it just wants that coffee again!

"Gremlin"
Nothing in my jeep is sacred, except my jelly beans and apple liquorice. Don't touch those...
post #3 of 6 Old 12-16-2014, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneJK View Post
I've had my seats out many a time. sounds like a pinched wire or bad connection.

or it just wants that coffee again!
Not a chance on the coffee. All 24 oz went between the center console and the seat, couldn't have poured it better if I tried.

Easy fix. One of the metal connectors in the female end pushed out of the socket. Silence is golden.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-16-2014, 06:27 PM
Rock God

Garage

glad it was a simple fix!

silence is also silver!

"Gremlin"
Nothing in my jeep is sacred, except my jelly beans and apple liquorice. Don't touch those...
post #5 of 6 Old 12-17-2014, 10:23 AM
Jeepineer

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUCKDOG View Post
Not a chance on the coffee. All 24 oz went between the center console and the seat, couldn't have poured it better if I tried.

Easy fix. One of the metal connectors in the female end pushed out of the socket. Silence is golden.
On the connector under the seat? I'll have to check that on my passenger side. My airbag light has been on ever since I pulled that seat out. I've checked everything except that plug itself.

-Mike
2007 2dr X, 6sp, 35's on D44's, 2" lift, cage, hydro, etc.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-17-2014, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKred07 View Post
On the connector under the seat? I'll have to check that on my passenger side. My airbag light has been on ever since I pulled that seat out. I've checked everything except that plug itself.
Yep, the connector under the seat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in