quick speaker question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-15-2010, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
quick speaker question

im thinking about making a deck enclosure for my jeep and it would be oput of plywood.but since i actually use the back seat some times i need to be able to take it out and put the seat in.

if i were to add two subs on the box would it be possible to disconnect them and connect them when im not using the box or vice versa?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-15-2010, 03:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-15-2010, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

how hard would it be

i can do this to my cb as well im assuming for whe nim top and doorless?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Rock God

Garage

If you're talking about making a sub box and putting two speakers in it ..then YES.

I'd suggest buying (at Radio Shack?) the + - terminal plug thingy, and wire the speakers to it.
(it's basically what you'd see on the back of a speaker on a home stereo system.)

Anyway, you'd wire the speakers to it from iinside the box). Then you'd run your amp speaker wires to the terminal(s) (on the outside of the box). Typically you would push the tab down, put the wire in, then let the tab go and the wire is secure. Although some terminals do have the screw down type (like mine), it works the same.

So now when you need to pull the speaker box, all you'd have to do then is disconect the wires ENSURING THEY DON'T TOUCH ONE ANOTHER, OR METAL.
Otherwise it could short out your amp etc.. So just tape each individual end of the wires when you pull the box.

I Freakin' Love My JEEP!! Hey, you in the Hummer..

I Love and Miss You Brodude..RIP.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-15-2010, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20643i plan on making one of these to keep the mud out. but if i have the ability to put in subs i might.
so i would need an amp to power the subs? this sounds like the idea is getting expensive

post #6 of 9 Old 02-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Rock God

Garage

That would work. I'd put one of them Terminal things I mentioned on the side or back side of the box.

If you don't have an amp, it'll sound like shit. Because there won't be enough power to drive the subs.

post #7 of 9 Old 02-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Rock God

Garage
Here's what I have...

I took these 8" JL Audio Stealth speakers that I had bought for my C6 Corvette and put them in my Jeep.
I tried selling them, but they weren't cheap and everyone want's a "deal". So I kept them.

I have a Matts (One Channel) Amp pushing them both and it Fawkin Rawks! You'd be blown away by the sound. I was!

post #8 of 9 Old 02-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via MSN to VEGASSMAN Send a message via Yahoo to VEGASSMAN
post #9 of 9 Old 02-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASSMAN View Post
Like these.

EXACTLY!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode