HID KIT for JEEP JK - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-26-2014, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 20
Feedback: 0 reviews
HID KIT for JEEP JK

Quick Question.
I know absolutely jack diddly about HID's. A local guy is having a "Black Friday Sale". Long story short he will sell me the kit for $72 and the installation is $50. Comes with Replacement Hid bulb, relay harness, ballast, wire connections, adapters, zip ties and 3m tape. He will warranty his work for 120 days or the kit by itself for 30 days. Does this seem like a good price? Is it a difficult task to install this? Anything I should look out for or ask?
I appreciate any and all opinions.

Cheers
Hydrocon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 11-26-2014, 02:02 PM
Granite Guru
 
sixstring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Southeast Texas
Posts: 209
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrocon View Post
Quick Question.
I know absolutely jack diddly about HID's. A local guy is having a "Black Friday Sale". Long story short he will sell me the kit for $72 and the installation is $50. Comes with Replacement Hid bulb, relay harness, ballast, wire connections, adapters, zip ties and 3m tape. He will warranty his work for 120 days or the kit by itself for 30 days. Does this seem like a good price? Is it a difficult task to install this? Anything I should look out for or ask?
I appreciate any and all opinions.

Cheers
1.) Price could be good or bad, depending on brand, quality, and wattage
2.) Definitely not worth paying someone $50 to do, they are easy to install.
3.) Unless you are putting projector lenses in at the same time, they are illegal, annoying, and less effective.

If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.
sixstring is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 11-26-2014, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 20
Feedback: 0 reviews

It is 35W and he can do 55watts for 20 dollars more but 35W will keep me away from cops. If its an easy install I may just buy the kit for 72 dollas.
Hydrocon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 Old 11-26-2014, 02:53 PM
Granite Guru
 
sixstring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Southeast Texas
Posts: 209
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrocon View Post
It is 35W and he can do 55watts for 20 dollars more but 35W will keep me away from cops. If its an easy install I may just buy the kit for 72 dollas.
You still need a projector lens to keep it legal, depends on the assholeishness of the cop if they will stop you or not, at least thats how it is in Texas.

If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.
sixstring is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 11-26-2014, 05:07 PM
Granite Guru
 
FuLcRuM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Memphis, TN
Age: 43
Posts: 262
Feedback: 0 reviews

DO NOT install HID's unless you also put in projectors. They will only look brighter but actually produce less usable light and will blind every oncoming vehicle at night.

Jeepless
FuLcRuM is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 11-27-2014, 06:27 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Age: 46
Posts: 74
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixstring View Post
1.) Price could be good or bad, depending on brand, quality, and wattage
2.) Definitely not worth paying someone $50 to do, they are easy to install.
3.) Unless you are putting projector lenses in at the same time, they are illegal, annoying, and less effective.
Here is your answer... I totally agree with his opinion.
lowender is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 11-27-2014, 06:37 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 30
Feedback: 0 reviews

I have hid in stock housing and I have a lot more usable light and it is not all over the place.
bhiland is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome