Jeep died on me today. Want to hop in it and go, turned key and nothing happened. No lights on dash, not clicking, light switch doesn't work... Nothing! Disconnect battery for a few min, reconnect and it starts fine. Drive about 2 miles and it dies as I'm driving down the road. All the needles on the gauges stay where they were when it died. 32mph, 1800rpm, 1/2 tank gas, ect.... This time disconnecting battery doesn't do anything when I reconnect. No horn blow or anything. Disconnect and reconnect battery about 4 times and it finally resets and I'm able to get it started. Put in gear go about 2 feet and it dies again.
Spend the next 2 hours unhooking battery and reconnecting. Finally get it started and back to the house. Electrical system light came on as I was accelerating. Died again in the driveway when I pulled in.
I've heard could be anything from bad tips, front control module, PCM, voltage regulator. Any ideas?
2008 steel blue sahara
with some doo-dads