White LED Light help - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 01-28-2010, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
White LED Light help

i have been searching and searching and cant find what im looking for.

I want an LED (i want the low draw) fog light or white driving light to be used as a back up light. I dont care if its round or square but i want to install this soon, can anyone help me out with this?

need to fill the yellow circles with lights

THANKS

2008 BLACK Unlimited Sahara
Poly Performance 3"on 35" Xterrains and 15" Soft 8s, Front Pro Rock 44, FLW Front Prerunner, FLW Rear Bumper, FLW Rock Sliders, River Raider Gen2 Snorkel, Superior 5.13s,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 01-28-2010, 04:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Take a look at these one's, talking with a guy at a local 4x4 shop, he ordered one in to show me, super bright... 800 lumens.

http://www.visionxonly.com/Solstice-...html?sm=104430

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
post #3 of 37 Old 01-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Rock God

How about these?

They are super bright and anyone behind you will know that you are backing up. They don't throw a lot of light like a fog or driving light but they are waterproof and can take a beating. Plus, you can wire the 3rd wire to a switch if you want to flash the strobes for those tailgaters.

http://www.rdmoffroad.com/4-led-high...r-or-blue.aspx

JKOWNERS Member Discount Available at:

Click the link to automatically apply the current offer!

Follow us on:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 Old 01-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Rock God

What sort of range will those throw out?
post #5 of 37 Old 01-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
What sort of range will those throw out?
I'll see about setting one up and getting some pics.

Follow us on:

post #6 of 37 Old 01-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Granite Guru

If money is no object, take a look at VisionX LED light bars - that's where I'd spend my lottery money. from 4" to 52" wide, and insanely bright.
post #7 of 37 Old 01-29-2010, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07unlimitedx View Post
Take a look at these one's, talking with a guy at a local 4x4 shop, he ordered one in to show me, super bright... 800 lumens.

http://www.visionxonly.com/Solstice-...html?sm=104430
how much are these? they might be just what im looking for

honestly im looking for something simple, small and cost effective.
i just want a white LED that isnt going to overwhelm the bumper (light bar out)

thanks for all the help

Poly Performance 3"on 35" Xterrains and 15" Soft 8s, Front Pro Rock 44, FLW Front Prerunner, FLW Rear Bumper, FLW Rock Sliders, River Raider Gen2 Snorkel, Superior 5.13s,
and

post #8 of 37 Old 01-29-2010, 08:37 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joePILE View Post
how much are these? they might be just what im looking for

honestly im looking for something simple, small and cost effective.
i just want a white LED that isnt going to overwhelm the bumper (light bar out)

thanks for all the help

Here in Canada I can get them for about $130, just looking at the US sites they all sit about $120... I know you wouldn't be disappointed with them, I got 2 6" Vision X Led lights for Christmas and love them.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
post #9 of 37 Old 02-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MannyLx450
I KNOW A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN GET THEM

I know a place in Miami that you can get the lights for 119 plus shipping. You have to call them.
post #10 of 37 Old 02-20-2010, 09:14 PM
JKO Addict!

http://www.awdirect.com/back-up-lights/

|
|
post #11 of 37 Old 04-22-2010, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

i really think the solstice solos are the way for me to go on this... talking to a vendor here that supplies them...might just work out

and

post #12 of 37 Old 04-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Rock God

I just added a set of Rigid Industries "Duallys" to the ZJ and they really help out at night.

Info:
A 4 LED light in a compact 2x2 package that can be used for anything from a reverse light on a truck, a handlebar light on a Motorcycle, to a flood light on a trailer. With 1000 lumens of light, this small light has the same light output as a 50W MR16. At a small 3"-3" this light can fit anywhere. Pulling only 10W you won't find a more efficient, compact light source in HID or halogen. This light pulls half of what your stock turn signals use. Please contact us for a variety of mounting solutions including rechargeable battery packs.

Follow us on:

post #13 of 37 Old 04-26-2010, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

I actually pulled the trigger on these today

i got the 45degree eliptical beam pattern

check these out
http://www.visionxonly.com/XIL-S1101...ZO-CrJ4E9M-wzC

freaking awesome, im psyched

and

post #14 of 37 Old 04-26-2010, 11:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
I actually pulled the trigger on these today

i got the 45degree eliptical beam pattern

check these out
http://www.visionxonly.com/XIL-S1101...ZO-CrJ4E9M-wzC

freaking awesome, im psyched
You'll really like them... got them myself.

post #15 of 37 Old 04-27-2010, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07unlimitedx View Post
You'll really like them... got them myself.
where do you have yours installed? how did you wire yours?

and thanks, im pumped

and

post #16 of 37 Old 04-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Wheeler

the best website on the net for LED's for trucks and jeeps it truckntow.com check them out. got all of my LED's from their
post #17 of 37 Old 04-28-2010, 12:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

dont forget to post up pics when they come in

2008 steel blue sahara
with some doo-dads
post #18 of 37 Old 04-28-2010, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by leman View Post
dont forget to post up pics when they come in
ill do you one better man, ill do a whole write up on the bitches!!!!

and

post #19 of 37 Old 04-28-2010, 10:38 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
where do you have yours installed? how did you wire yours?

and thanks, im pumped
Here you go JOE...

Last edited by 07unlimitedx; 08-06-2010 at 11:56 PM.
post #20 of 37 Old 04-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Granite Guru

sweet, please update on how bright they are etc. I'm looking for something similar to add to my rear bumper. thanks!

2007 2dr Rubi: lifted, 37's, custom fab work, lots of other stuff

post #21 of 37 Old 04-28-2010, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Rubi2dr View Post
sweet, please update on how bright they are etc. I'm looking for something similar to add to my rear bumper. thanks!
will do good sir will do

and

post #22 of 37 Old 04-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Rock God

Garage

a guy on the camping trip had those. they are sick and insanely bright and real small. i think you made a good buy, id pick some up if they didnt cost so much. hows that axle coming?

Steel Blue 07 2dr
"Its the A.M bitches, its time for donuts!"
Jersey
Crew
post #23 of 37 Old 04-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Rock God

Garage

RubiZealot is the one who had them, id PM him for info. he has 4 extras that hes not using and said he would think about selling them. sorry i couldnt get you this info before you bought them. could have saved you some cash.

Steel Blue 07 2dr
"Its the A.M bitches, its time for donuts!"
Jersey
Crew
post #24 of 37 Old 04-29-2010, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

i did alright on price, and im crazy pumped for these lights... from what i hear the price is more than worth it

the axel is in my warehouse right now, waiting on gears and then gotta throw everything together... two to three weeks and im a 4WD vag!!!

and

post #25 of 37 Old 04-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Rock God

Given the draw is so low, I just wired mine to my factory reverse light (at the tail light). No issues and it doesn't blow any fuses...
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode