JK replacement headlights - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-11-2014, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

JK replacement headlights

New to the forum and I know that this has been beat to death. But what is the solution for these poor headlights? I have installed Delta H-4s and they are no better than stock. Too many dark areas in front of me.

If you want to see some factory headlights that work, get in an Acura. Totally awesome. The Feds ought to make that required on all cars, LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-11-2014, 06:57 PM
Rock God

I have been happy with my Delta Quad Bar H4's.

they no LED or HID but much better than stock

2008 JKU: continual work in progress
post #3 of 12 Old 09-11-2014, 07:01 PM
Granite Guru

I've got my eye on the HIDProjectors.com stuff. If I can see them in person it will make my decision for me....until then I'm on the fence.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 09-12-2014, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Truck-Lites

Anyone running Truck-Lites? I have read where they put an X on the road and have dark spots too. I don't want to spend $500 for the same issue as the Deltas.
post #5 of 12 Old 09-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpthomso View Post
Anyone running Truck-Lites? I have read where they put an X on the road and have dark spots too. I don't want to spend $500 for the same issue as the Deltas.

I've got the newer style truck lites and have had them installed for a few months.

The difference between the truck lites and the stockers is night and day. I used to have to run my factory fog lights with the stock headlights just to see the road if there were no street lights, but never have to turn them on with the truck lites.

I haven't noticed any dark spots or Xs when driving, but did notice the faint Xs when I was realigning the headlights after installing the truck lites.

The price has also come down on the truck lites, and you can get the headlights with the anti flicker harnesses for like 400 shipped.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

98 TJ w/ 5.2/44re/stak 300, coilovers, 40" treps, hp60, 14 bolt, geared, locked, linked, stretched, hilined, . . .
08 JKU Rubi w/ 3.5" RKLA w/Foxes, 37"km2s on racelines, RIPP Supercharger and headers. . .
post #6 of 12 Old 09-12-2014, 10:41 PM
Rock God

Have you seen this? https://www.jkowners.com/tech/lights/

I went from $35 HIDs in the stock housing to Truck-lite Phase 7s and currently Hella H4 E-Codes/Philip Xtreme Vision bulbs with RallyLights/SMS harness for maximum brightness. Couldn't get use to the X pattern with the Truck-lites so I went back to halogen since the only other option I'd consider were JW Speakers, but wasted enough money trying out different options.

I prefer the Hellas in every way (further throw, lights up signs on the road, more natural color) except they don't throw as much light to the sides, not noticeable when driving around town and I have to replace bulbs, still running the same ones and it's been a little less than a year. Only advantage the TLs had for me was the high beams out in the desert, crazy bright and throw, only if the low beams were as good I'd still be using them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
First, take a 50/50 water/alcohol solution and douche all the sand out of your vagina. Seriously, you gotta get that nozzle ALL the way to the cervix since it sounds as though your vajayjay is completely blocked with a silica compound.
post #7 of 12 Old 09-13-2014, 08:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Currently have been running the Trucklites now for about two years and have been pretty satisfied. Low beams are much better than stock, while high beams are HUGE improvement over stock. There is an "X" artifact in the in the light pattern which is noticeable. To some it's a problem, to some it's not. I consider myself VERY OCD and it doesn't bother me much. You'll also hear some complaints about headlight flicker when switching over to and LED headlight. Again to some an issue, others it's not. The flicker is not noticeable if you're driving down the road, it will be noticeable however if you're sitting at a traffic light with you are staring at the headlights reflecting off the car in front of you.

Here are two pic's below from an article Four Wheeler Magazine did a couple of years ago comparing upgraded bulbs in the stock housing, Trucklites and JW Speaker headlights.

The Trucklites

JW Speaker

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 12 Old 09-14-2014, 11:44 AM
Granite Guru

I also use the Hella H4 E-Codes with a Rallylights/SMS harness and am very happy with them. They have a very well-defined vertical cutoff so I'm able to run 90/130-watt H4 bulbs without offending oncoming vehicles.

I also have some Warn fog lights in my bumper with 100-watt halogen bulbs, which do a great job of filling in the lighting to either side. When out in the desert or desolate back roads, I have a cheapo 100-watt LED light bar (with combo spot/flood lenses) that rivals daylight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Daily driven rockcrawler
Nothing but the best: AEV, Rancho, MetalCloak, Synergy, Reid Racing, Artec, Warn, Cooper
post #9 of 12 Old 09-14-2014, 09:37 PM
Wheeler

Installed the KC LED headlights last week. Ran them in the forest in Flagstaff this weekend. They're super bright, and the pattern was great. Night and day difference between stock!
post #10 of 12 Old 09-14-2014, 10:07 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

My Sealed7's with 50W digital ballasts are the best headlights I have had on a vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #11 of 12 Old 09-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Granite Guru

I got some Quadratec LEDs coming in on Wednesday. $400 with the anti flicker harnesses. Looks similar to the Truck lights.

JD

2008 Jeep JK Unlimited. Auto. Mods: 3.5 RK Max Travel Kit, RK tie rod. 35" Nitto Trail Grappers. Eaton 4 Pinion E-Lockers front and rear. Nitro 30 spline chrome moly front axles. Yukon 5.13 gears/Cyrotreated. Sleeved and gusseted front axle. Dynatrac ball joints. Mopar big brake kit, Advance Adaptors 4wd shift linkage, Tom Woods front and rear driveshaft. Ace Rock Sliders. Terra Flex hinged tire carrier, Carolina Metal Masters grab bars. Exp One Frt Bumper. Warn Zeon 12 Winch.
post #12 of 12 Old 09-15-2014, 05:19 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpthomso View Post
I've run many different types of headlights in my JKs. Hella's x2 (halogen and with HIDs), Cibies (HIDs), HIDprojectors, HIDs in the stockers, and Trucklites. By far I'm happiest with the TL LEDs. Well worth the money.

I have a 10" Rigid SR LED bar that I picked up used (cheap) and due to the TL headlights you can barely tell it's on... (a little more light on the ground right in front of the JK).

I liked the Hella's (didn't like the Cibies), and would use those if not for the fact that I kept cracking the glass lens due to hot glass and cold water crossings. They cost me $120... but after going through 2 sets (and a set of Cibies), I decided it was time to go to something with a plastic lens... took my buddies JK for a drive one night (he had TLs) and was blown away. Ordered mine that night, and never looked back. Absolutely love them.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode