Dual battery set-up Q - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 09-07-2014, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Dual battery set-up Q

M looking at a dual set up. '09 2 door JK w rugged ridge snorkel, cobra 75 all in one CB, on board air compressor, and Q9000 winch. Off road lights in future. I think that covers all the stuff. Question is, what would be the best set up. Other threads are confusing me. Isolate 1 battery for starter, other stuff on 2nd battery? Or run both together? Also, anyone using T-max 47-3800 dual battery system to isolate? Seems like an interesting system. Any input is appreciated. Do I have to run 2 identical batteries? RR makes a battery tray they say will fit w their snorkel. Thanks dudes and dudettes (0|||||||0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-07-2014, 10:56 PM
Granite Guru

genesis offroad looks like the most complete system is you must run a dual battery. clean setup but expensive.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-08-2014, 07:35 AM
Granite Guru

When I built mine I talked to the battery guy for quite a while. I know a lot of guys like to isolate one battery but he explained to me that if you do that, one battery is getting worked hard and the other one hardly gets used. He said that both batteries should be the same and in the same condition otherwise they will wear out prematurely. This will also be a factor over time if one is isolated. I ran into the same scenario reading up on battery banks for RV's and such, where most stress the importance of matching batteries.

I'm no expert but it does make sense to me, so I run mine together. I just built a tray and stacked them on top of one another, pretty easy set up.

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-08-2014, 07:40 AM
Granite Guru

Keep it simple. Wire two identical batteries in parallel and be done with it.

Its not a fashion show
post #5 of 5 Old 09-08-2014, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode