Hella Optilux LED lights - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-26-2014, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Hella Optilux LED lights

Don't waste your money on these pieces of goddamn Chinese shit.

Bought a set at 4 wheel parts truckfest in Orlando, Figured at $94/pair they'd be better than the ebay crap..... WRONG. Supposed to be spots, light is scattered all over, hell my stock JK headlights are brighter than these. Killed some of my FM stations too.
Was gonna replace the KC lights, less power consumption.... Well the KC's are back on.

These are going back to 4 wheel parts pronto. I thought Hella had good lights, Maybe the set I got was bad but sheesh.....

Lesson learned.... Rigid all the way

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Ocala Jeep Club CERT member. Nation's 1st jeep CERT team

Proud to be deplorable

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-27-2014, 10:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Just throwing it out there.

Check out Baja Designs. Currently running their 8" OnX and 20" stealth and couldn't be happier. Planning on picking up their Squadron Pro's soon to replace the Rigid's I had on my windshield.

USMCDOC had write up on a pair of squadrons he recently put on his rig. Definitely worth checking out.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-27-2014, 10:37 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

If I was going to redo my lights, i'd go Baja Designs. Since I already have Rigid, they'll stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-28-2014, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Bought a set of Rigid duallys at Jeeptoberfest last year, 4 wheel parts had a killer deal on them, $140/pair.... Figured they would do same at truckfest, Nope.

But I now see why they're high dollar, Optics and EMI suppression

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Ocala Jeep Club CERT member. Nation's 1st jeep CERT team

Proud to be deplorable

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode