No Power to Stereo - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-19-2014, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

No Power to Stereo

First let me say that I had replaced the Uconnect with an aftermarket unit that was supposed to be set up for an easy switch back to stock. I didn't witness the install so I can't say for certain.

Anyway, last weekend, my aftermarket Kenwood was stolen out of the jeep. They were nice enough not to tear up too much to get in and this looks to be someone who does this for more than a hobby. They were efficient at getting the radio, amp and sub box.

I was going to put the stock radio back in for a bit as the harness all looked in place. There was large plug with quite a few pins in the back on the right side of the radio if looking at the back. There is a smaller plug in the middle and another larger space for a plug on the left of the back of the radio but it only has one pin. I don't have any harness that I find in the dash to plug in to this spot. The two antenna cables are also still in place.

So with the first two harnesses mentioned plugged in I get no power to the radio. I checked the 15 amp fuse in the M10 postion and it looked good. Then I thought maybe the single pin on the third harness I mentioned may be for ground, so made up a wire with slide on connector and attached to the metal frame behind the dash and hooked all the other wires harnesses back in to the radio. Still no power. So now I am stumped and not sure what to do and why my factory radio isn't getting any juice. Any help would be appreciated.

I am not sure which version in the Uconnect series it is, but it came with single disc changer, sat radio, BT, phone connection and steering wheel control. Vehicle is 2014!Sport Unlimited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-23-2014, 04:34 PM
Rock God

Garage

I know you said you checked the fuse. I have had a few in the past that looks good, but when checked with a multi-meter, they were toast.

Let us know what you find out.

NDTguy

2017 JKU Sport S
post #3 of 3 Old 08-24-2014, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Never got the factory radio to work. Bought another aftermarket radio and used the dodge harness adapter and it works with no problem.

So at this point the stock stero with no power was never resolved. Not a big deal at the moment, but if trading or selling it would be preferable to have this resolved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode