Traildash Question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-19-2014, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Traildash Question

I lowered my tire pressure to 30 psi on my 37 inch terra grapplers. My issue is with the traildash (I think). I was under the impression that when I set the psi on the traildash that tells my jeep when to turn the warning light on? I set the psi on the traildash to 28 so I could run my tires at 30 with no issues. Well, my jeep says that I have 30 on front driver, 30 on rear driver, 31 front passenger, and 31 rear passenger. The only one flashing is front driver. Does anyone know anything about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-19-2014, 07:52 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to jlagross

i found out that with the traildash all the config from that screen, tire size , psi , idle rpms, all get reset when you push out a tune.

in other words, every time you change tune you must redo the psi , tire size, etc

Hope this helps!
post #3 of 8 Old 08-19-2014, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

I think I understand what you are saying. I've had the tune set for weeks and just adjusted the psi 2 days ago. So, shouldn't it be good. What you're saying is if I go back to stock, then back to the 87 tune I would have to redo the psi again, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-19-2014, 08:43 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to jlagross

your statement is correct. if you JUST set the psi, it should have taken. unless i misunderstand the psi setting as you do haha

just trying to help!

Jason
post #5 of 8 Old 08-19-2014, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Never mind. I just called Superchips and found out the psi setting on the traildash is screwed up for a few months until they can get an engineer to fix it. Basically I can set the psi on the traildash to 22 (the lowest), but my actual psi will have to be somewhere above 30 for the light to not come one. Makes sense.

Last edited by ahooper19; 08-19-2014 at 08:51 AM.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-19-2014, 12:58 PM
Rock God

Garage

I am currently using a ProCal on my 2012, but am very interested in getting a TrailDash. Anybody know if the two are compatible?

I'm thinking about whether I could leave the TPMS settings controlled by the ProCal because they're currently set to zero -- my wheels do not have the sensors installed. But if the Trail Dash will only set as low as 22, I'm going to have some issues there, even airing down on trails.

My Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-30-2014, 11:05 PM
Rock God

My trail dash allowed me to shut off the tpms. No lights on dash good to go

My build

post #8 of 8 Old 08-30-2014, 11:19 PM
Rock God

Yeah you can turn off the light for toms and also the swaybar disconnect light if you dump that swaybar for something else.

JKUR auto | 5:38 | tires 36"x17 wheels 9"x4.5"bs | TF 6"| ASFIR bumpers, skids | SuperWinch EPi9.5 | RCV shafts | SC traildash | Xenon fenders | OBA York

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode