New Delta Headlights - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 12-28-2009, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

New Delta Headlights

I installed Delta Headlights. They are kind of loose fitting... am I missing something? In other posts it looks as if they have an orange gasket???

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-28-2009, 12:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2623

sounds like you ordered regular deltas them from 4wheelparts and they gave you the instructions for the quadbars and left out the gaskets that get used with the regular lights
if you are referring to my thread about the orange gasket (which you just about have to be since I don't think anyone else used orange boost gauge tubing to shim theirs) - read the text, don't just look at the pictures and it explains everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Lights View Post
Well I want to first say, More often then not.. Our large distributers have the wrong image for the wrong part. this is something I'm personally em working on with them.

second,
I don't want to place all the blame on or distributer. We also made a mistake here. It doesn't happen often but we are all human & its bound to happen every once & a great while. The INSTRUCTIONS given in the box were for our JK Quad-bars head lights... Venom should of received 01-1148-50x (Jk replacement headlights) instructions..

third, when We make a mistake, here at Delta we'd like to make it right. I personally emailed Venom, telling him he should of received two silicone gaskets in the box. this being said We will be mailing him the 2 gaskets to make the factory JK bezel fit right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
Well I have to say I have been very impressed with Delta's Customer Service so far.
I dropped them an email with a link to here on it one night and the next day, not only did I have a response explaining what was up, but they had also registered here to help provide lighting info!
Everyone screws up, but admitting it and making it right goes a loooong way

As to the specific problems with my install, first of all 4 Wheel Parts web people are a bunch of idiots. This is twice I have ordered a product and it did not match the written description or picture on the site. The page I ordered from specifically said QUAD BAR lights and thats what were pictured, BUT in the fine print, the part number is for the standard replacement lights. When you order from 4WP, I guess they expect you to cross reference the part number on the site with the manuf part number to make sure you get what you need
So I got the wrong part from 4WP to start with, but Delta also flubbed up, as Landon already said. I got the instructions for quad bars, but the lights are standard replacements. Quad bars don't re-use the stock ring, replacements do. Replacements are supposed to include a silicone gasket that does exactly what my piece of hose does in the install pictures, but when they packed the box evidently they assumed they were quads and put in quad bar instrux and no gasket.
They are sending me the gaskets that were supposed to be in the kit.
Everyone screws up, but admitting it and making it right goes a loooong way

4 Wheel Parts, however, still sucks and I have not received so much as a response to my email about the wrong part or anything. Bad enough as soon as I ordered, the next day they said status was shipped, when in reality they were on backorder for over a month.

Bottom line,
Delta=good - they made a mistake and were quick to rectify it, apologize and come here to help out
4 Wheel Parts= bad - they misled with descriptions and pics (AGAIN) lied that it was shipped and don't really seem to care that they sent the wrong parts.
Quote:
followup...
got my gaskets in the mail from Delta last week, they go exactly where my hose pieces went except they're black and smaller diameter - thanks!
So far the lights are great, definitely a good upgrade
I may give some of the hotter bulbs a try, when I do, I'll build a relay harness since I'm sure the canbus won't like the amp draw

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-28-2009, 09:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

They did the same with mine and i was missing the gaskets and of course delta did nothing no returned phone calls no returned emails

th elights were great but shitty customer service made me not wish to spend any more money with them

https://jkowners.com/forum/showthread...ighlight=delta

www.jeepasylum.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 12-30-2009, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

WHAT!!! READ!!!! But, there are pictures....

Are you my Mother? or my Wife?
post #5 of 9 Old 12-30-2009, 07:07 AM
JKO Addict!

I've got the quad bars and no orange gasket. They are snug though, not loose at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
They did the same with mine and i was missing the gaskets and of course delta did nothing no returned phone calls no returned emails

th elights were great but shitty customer service made me not wish to spend any more money with them

https://jkowners.com/forum/showthread...ighlight=delta
Had moisture in mine the first day they were in. Delta never responded. Won't be buying from them anymore.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-30-2009, 10:50 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjeep View Post
WHAT!!! READ!!!! But, there are pictures....

Are you my Mother? or my Wife?

you're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverzendz View Post
I've got the quad bars and no orange gasket. They are snug though, not loose at all.
same thing - READ

quad bars dont use a gasket, thats where the problem comes from
the standard replacements DO use a gasket and 4WP keeps fucking up and putting quad bar instructions and no gasket in standard kits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #7 of 9 Old 12-30-2009, 11:56 AM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
4WP keeps fucking up and putting quad bar instructions and no gasket in standard kits.
To be fair to 4WP, they do not open the boxes, they simply sell them as they receive them.

My Delta non quad bar lights came without gaskets, I used a little piece of rubber tube behind each mount point and it worked out fine.

The connectors were also wired incorrectly and I had to swap the terminals around to get them to work correctly.
post #8 of 9 Old 12-30-2009, 12:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

you're welcome

same thing - READ

quad bars dont use a gasket, thats where the problem comes from
the standard replacements DO use a gasket and 4WP keeps fucking up and putting quad bar instructions and no gasket in standard kits.
I READ. I was commenting.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-30-2009, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Now we know why your name is Venom.... you bite!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode