Trinity bricked ECM. Superchips to the rescue - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-26-2014, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Jaysend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Age: 40
Posts: 38
Feedback: 1 reviews
Trinity bricked ECM. Superchips to the rescue

I had issues with my trinity every step of the way. I could not figure out how to use the locker functions or fog lights or a number of other features. I also noticed after I ordered the device it is not CARB certified so no go here in CA. But then when trying to restore the factory tune it bricked my ECM. I couldn't believe it, Diablosport told me to go with the Superchips. I appreciate the honesty but not being able to answer any questions and getting defensive about the product was bizarre. Superchips was able to troubleshoot my problems even though I was not a customer of theirs. My ECM had lost all programming. They helped me exchange the trinity for a trail dash which was $150 less. That paid for the dealer to reprogram my jeep.

Just thought I would share here so people know. I was told that trinity had not tested the locker feature or fog light feature in a jeep and I should wait for an update. As a warning to potential buyers, wait until they get around to testing on a jeep at the very least. Or just go with the trail dash, it works as advertised and is legal for use in CA.
Jaysend is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 07-27-2014, 01:04 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Age: 47
Posts: 13
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

I had the same thing happen using the traildash on my 2014 Rubicon JKU. Super chips was kind enough to reprogram my ECM for me and I promptly returned the traildash. Not sure if I would trust any programmer right now.
jeffmiller1990 is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 07-28-2014, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Jaysend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Age: 40
Posts: 38
Feedback: 1 reviews

Good point. I am not 100% sure the trinity caused the problem but they had zero interest in helping me fix it. Superchips on the other hand has been walking me through the process and have been very helpful.
Jaysend is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 Old 07-28-2014, 03:12 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Age: 47
Posts: 13
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Good luck
jeffmiller1990 is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 07-29-2014, 12:25 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Age: 39
Posts: 64
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysend View Post
I had issues with my trinity every step of the way. I could not figure out how to use the locker functions or fog lights or a number of other features. I also noticed after I ordered the device it is not CARB certified so no go here in CA. But then when trying to restore the factory tune it bricked my ECM. I couldn't believe it, Diablosport told me to go with the Superchips. I appreciate the honesty but not being able to answer any questions and getting defensive about the product was bizarre. Superchips was able to troubleshoot my problems even though I was not a customer of theirs. My ECM had lost all programming. They helped me exchange the trinity for a trail dash which was $150 less. That paid for the dealer to reprogram my jeep.

Just thought I would share here so people know. I was told that trinity had not tested the locker feature or fog light feature in a jeep and I should wait for an update. As a warning to potential buyers, wait until they get around to testing on a jeep at the very least. Or just go with the trail dash, it works as advertised and is legal for use in CA.
The other thing I noticed with the Diablo on my 2014 Rubicon was that my NAV doesn't work anymore. I hit the button for entering a new address and it just hangs there and then it resets. A friend of mine with a 2012 after the Diablo now his backup camera is activated all the time even though he doesn't have one.
MikeOPP is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 07-29-2014, 12:37 PM
JKO Addict!
 
ALASHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 8,226
Feedback: 0 reviews

Mike at Diablo told me "our customers are our testers" when I was talking to him about how their latest update bricked my Trinity.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ALASHA is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 08-05-2014, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator
 
j3ff3ry_j33p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,838
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Mike at Diablo told me "our customers are our testers" when I was talking to him about how their latest update bricked my Trinity.
this answers my question about DCX1000 Intune versus Flashpac very well! srry you went thru that. what year is your rig?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
j3ff3ry_j33p is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 08-05-2014, 07:43 AM
JKO Addict!
 
ALASHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 8,226
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
this answers my question about DCX1000 Intune versus Flashpac very well! srry you went thru that. what year is your rig?
2008


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ALASHA is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 08-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Granite Guru
 
camo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Goodyear, AZ
Age: 34
Posts: 125
Feedback: 0 reviews

Diablosport is shit. Mine was bricked in the past. The whole compass missing and losing audio controls really pisses me off. They pretty much ignore us on their forum. They have zero cred in my book. I've been running the same "tune" of theirs for months because everything works now and I don't wanna update it and have it get all fucked up again. And by "tune" I mean adjusted tire size for speedo correction. No ACTUAL tune.

'64 CJ-5, '74 Bronco, '79 CJ-7, '84 CJ-7, '92 XJ, '96 XJ, '99 XJ, '01 TJ, '01 XJ, 2013 JKU.

2013 Commando Green JKU
35x12.50/17 Falken Rocky Moutain ATS
2.5 RK X-Factor
17" Black Rock Vipers
Cut Stock Flares
Diablo Sport Trinity (garbage)
Sleeve, Truss, ARB, Chromo D30
camo36 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome