New Subs....Amp question... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 12-25-2009, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Butler20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bel Air, MD
Posts: 214
Feedback: 0 reviews
New Subs....Amp question...

okay so i think im gonna get 2 JL Audio 10W6v2 Subs.

h t t p://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_12513_JL_Audio_10W6v2.aspx

I dont t mucknow thah about amps so what would you recommend i do about my amp?

3.5" Rubicon Express lift
Bilstein 5100 Shocks
17x9 Mickey Thompson Classic II
35" Nitto Mud Grapplers
Smittybilt XRC Rear Bumper
Flowmaster 40 Series
48" Hi-Lift Jack
KC Slimlights long range
Rugged Ridge mirror relocation brackets
MasterCraft Grab Handles
Butler20 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 12-25-2009, 09:42 PM
JKO Addict!
 
SONIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bell Buckle, TN
Posts: 3,730
Feedback: 1 reviews

Well those subs are 400 watts RMS each (peak doesnt matter)
They are dual voice coil 4 ohm subs, so depending on wiring you can run them at 2ohms if you run a 2 channel amp, or 4 ohms if you run a mono amp.(running parallel)

So you need 800-1000 watts at 2ohm x 2 or 4 ohms x 1.
Yo can also get different outcomes on load if you run in series.....
check this out for a little help:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-xtQh7uY...rs_wiring.html

Brand is up to you....
since your getting JL subs id reccommend a quality amp to go with them...JL, Fosgate, high end Kicker etc....

Those are way nice subs, but if your going to be spending that much anyway and dont know what you are doing you should really go to a nice stereo shop and have them help you out with matching up components to get the best sound. Just be aware they will probably pimp their products a bit, so go in fairly educated.

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
SONIC is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 12-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 49
Posts: 311
Feedback: 0 reviews

First off, I would recommend swapping the factory H/U for something Kenwood....
but that's just me, I really like their stuff!
I mean line level converters work for factory decks an all buuut...
I'm ol'skool an if you want really stupid(LOUD) music like me you go with the best!......
I've only spent approx 800 bucks on my Audio set-up
an I can blow the doors off of systems that cost three times that much
just replacing the deck will open up new doors as there are alot of options not available in factory units..... sub-sonic filters for front/rear/sub channels, Dual zone capabilities, BlueTooth streaming, ETC.
come tax time I'll have a really nice KenWood BTC838 H/U I'll make you a Good deal on....and
If you have a current music player/capable phone with BT you'll be able to stream your music to it like I do now (no more CD's or Ipods connected with a cable)
Make/Receive calls, view text's, play music via BT

scene: Agaudo smashes cockroach to provoke ventura
Agaudo: Homicide!, ventura how you gonna solve that one?
Ventura: Good question Agaudo,first I'd establish a motive..in this case the killer saw the size of the bugs dick and became insanely jealous!
jkjones is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 Old 12-25-2009, 09:53 PM
JKO Addict!
 
SONIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bell Buckle, TN
Posts: 3,730
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjones View Post
First off, I would recommend swapping the factory H/U for something Kenwood....
but that's just me, I really like their stuff!
I mean line level converters work for factory decks an all buuut...
I'm ol'skool an if you want really stupid(LOUD) music like me you go with the best!......
I've only spent approx 800 bucks on my Audio set-up
an I can blow the doors off of systems that cost three times that much
just replacing the deck will open up new doors as there are alot of options not available in factory units..... sub-sonic filters for front/rear/sub channels, Dual zone capabilities, BlueTooth streaming, ETC.
come tax time I'll have a really nice KenWood BTC838 H/U I'll make you a Good deal on....and
If you have a current music player/capable phone with BT you'll be able to stream your music to it like I do now (no more CD's or Ipods connected with a cable)
Make/Receive calls, view text's, play music via BT
Not bad advice id say
i had a bluetooth setup on my facory head unit and i LOVED it, so convenient.

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
SONIC is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 12-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 49
Posts: 311
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
Not bad advice id say
i had a bluetooth setup on my facory head unit and i LOVED it, so convenient.
You were'nt able to stream Audio to it though were you?
just call reception?

scene: Agaudo smashes cockroach to provoke ventura
Agaudo: Homicide!, ventura how you gonna solve that one?
Ventura: Good question Agaudo,first I'd establish a motive..in this case the killer saw the size of the bugs dick and became insanely jealous!
jkjones is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 12-25-2009, 10:10 PM
JKO Addict!
 
SONIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bell Buckle, TN
Posts: 3,730
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjones View Post
You were'nt able to stream Audio to it though were you?
just call reception?
I was able to stream audio to it...
im creative


http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId=11035425

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!

Last edited by SONIC; 12-25-2009 at 10:14 PM.
SONIC is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 12-26-2009, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Butler20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bel Air, MD
Posts: 214
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
Well those subs are 400 watts RMS each (peak doesnt matter)
They are dual voice coil 4 ohm subs, so depending on wiring you can run them at 2ohms if you run a 2 channel amp, or 4 ohms if you run a mono amp.(running parallel)

So you need 800-1000 watts at 2ohm x 2 or 4 ohms x 1.
Yo can also get different outcomes on load if you run in series.....
check this out for a little help:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-xtQh7uY...rs_wiring.html

Brand is up to you....
since your getting JL subs id reccommend a quality amp to go with them...JL, Fosgate, high end Kicker etc....

Those are way nice subs, but if your going to be spending that much anyway and dont know what you are doing you should really go to a nice stereo shop and have them help you out with matching up components to get the best sound. Just be aware they will probably pimp their products a bit, so go in fairly educated.
thanks you just educated me a ton!!!

3.5" Rubicon Express lift
Bilstein 5100 Shocks
17x9 Mickey Thompson Classic II
35" Nitto Mud Grapplers
Smittybilt XRC Rear Bumper
Flowmaster 40 Series
48" Hi-Lift Jack
KC Slimlights long range
Rugged Ridge mirror relocation brackets
MasterCraft Grab Handles
Butler20 is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 12-26-2009, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Butler20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bel Air, MD
Posts: 214
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjones View Post
First off, I would recommend swapping the factory H/U for something Kenwood....
but that's just me, I really like their stuff!
I mean line level converters work for factory decks an all buuut...
I'm ol'skool an if you want really stupid(LOUD) music like me you go with the best!......
I've only spent approx 800 bucks on my Audio set-up
an I can blow the doors off of systems that cost three times that much
just replacing the deck will open up new doors as there are alot of options not available in factory units..... sub-sonic filters for front/rear/sub channels, Dual zone capabilities, BlueTooth streaming, ETC.
come tax time I'll have a really nice KenWood BTC838 H/U I'll make you a Good deal on....and
If you have a current music player/capable phone with BT you'll be able to stream your music to it like I do now (no more CD's or Ipods connected with a cable)
Make/Receive calls, view text's, play music via BT
yeah i am getting a new H/U (I think alpine 2 DIN). thanks for this it helped me out

3.5" Rubicon Express lift
Bilstein 5100 Shocks
17x9 Mickey Thompson Classic II
35" Nitto Mud Grapplers
Smittybilt XRC Rear Bumper
Flowmaster 40 Series
48" Hi-Lift Jack
KC Slimlights long range
Rugged Ridge mirror relocation brackets
MasterCraft Grab Handles
Butler20 is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 09-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7
Feedback: 0 reviews

Stay away from onlinecarstereo.com. Good pricing, very poor service.

Not good news, unless you like waiting on equipment for your Jeep.
BK Rider is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 09-28-2010, 09:49 PM
JKO Addict!
 
07unlimitedx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary Alberta
Age: 49
Posts: 2,286
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler20 View Post
yeah i am getting a new H/U (I think alpine 2 DIN). thanks for this it helped me out
I replaced my stock unit with this Alpine h/u. Love it, ipod starts up quick.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...pinemp3wmac-en

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
07unlimitedx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome