How Strong is Stock Stereo? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-12-2014, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

How Strong is Stock Stereo?

I traded my 11 Sahara with Infinity stereo for a 14 Sport with base stereo (no sub). Infinity was 300 watts or so or something like 80 watts per channel. What is wattage of the non amplified system I've got now?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2014 Wrangler Sport. Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod, Ranch 9000's, 17" ATX Cornice Wheels with 33" Duratracs, MBRP Light Bar, 12" Blitzpro LED, Spiderwebshades Ultramesh, Tuffy Conceal and Carry Box, Pioneer Mono Amp and Energy Sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-26-2015, 07:29 PM
Granite Guru

24W per channel into 2 ohm speakers. What I did was install the kicker / mopar speaker upgrade. You are better off waiting for a warm day. the 2013/2014 dashboard is easier to work with and more forgiving with bending when it 's hot.

There is a Mopar/kicker amplifier kit with the proper crossovers to redirect the deep bass to a subwoofer. You would need to buy a subwoofer amplifier, it will drive the sub but I got better results with 77KCK053 184 Watts for Base Audio System for the 4 6.5" kicker speakers and used the line out sub signal from the amplifier to feed a 150 Watt Rockford / Fosgate Bass amplifier driving a 6" Sub. I used a small sub box I bought at Best Buy. The key to great sound is fill the speaker boxes and the sound bar with poly fill.
I didn't use acoustic filler, I bought 2 cheap bags of polyfill at wallmart for $5.00
it worked great. I listen to rock and blues and the bass is nice and tight.

To clean up the sound from the sound bar you will need a small trip of rubber, insert the rubber between the back of the canopy light and the sound bar opening for the canopt light. The buzzing sound from air passing over the canopy light will be eliminated.

I did the speaker upgrade in 2 hrs, I did the amplifier install on the following weekend in 4 hrs.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-28-2015, 03:25 PM
Rock God

Garage

Welcome to the awful stock (non-sub) stereo of suck.

I upgraded all the way around, but I hope this helps you out.

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217857

NDTguy

2017 JKU Sport S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode