2007 horn not working - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 07-07-2014, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

2007 horn not working

horn quit working/ ck 2 fuses looks ok.// also i have a problem w/right side front blinker park light. blinker will work but quits when i turn on park lights on. I read an earlier thread about multifunction switch in which might be the park light prob. //First post, hello to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-07-2014, 08:12 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Cruise control work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 15 Old 07-07-2014, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I don't know, have not used it in a while
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 07-08-2014, 06:32 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Do you have the airbag light on the dash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #5 of 15 Old 07-08-2014, 10:58 AM
Granite Guru

my horn went too last week, it works but is really muffled sounding, almost can't hear it when arming the door locks

Blacked out 07 JKUR, safari straps, Treadwright 35's on stock rims and Spydertrax spacers, stubbied front bumper, trimmed flares, 2" body lift, 2" spacers in front with 1" spacers in rear, Gen Right Tire carrier, more to come!
post #6 of 15 Old 07-08-2014, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

cruise control works. no airbag light on. Blinker problem;from what I have determine I'm not getting a ground through park light socket but I'm getting power to it. i have cleaned ground for light on body. Dealer told me the ground goes through multifunction switch for light and HORN. I have ordered switch from advance auto [80$ dealer 130$} PS, the blinker works but quits when i turn on park light. Give update when multi-switch gets here in 2 days
post #7 of 15 Old 07-08-2014, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

to clear up, the horn works off the same multifunction switch as blinkers but not the same ''ground''
post #8 of 15 Old 07-22-2014, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Multifunction switch did not fix it. now the left park light out. horn out, front park and blinkers not working. only getting 3.5 volts to lights.
post #9 of 15 Old 07-23-2014, 02:20 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badd Andy View Post
my horn went too last week, it works but is really muffled sounding, almost can't hear it when arming the door locks
You're problem is easy. Horn is filled with water/mud. Give it a week or two and it will return to it's normal strangulated goat sound.

I'm a JKO Reject
post #10 of 15 Old 07-31-2014, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

horn, front park lights and blinkers FIXED/// the problem was a ground wire from steering column to computer [timp] beside batterie under hood. dealer spent few hrs trying to fig out. Had hidden broken ground. dealer ran new separate ground instead spending too much time finding break in wire. Dealer said solder joints break in wires, causes probs. dealer also said if you have a lot of miles with no probs with computer, you won't have any later on. i got 100000+
post #11 of 15 Old 08-01-2014, 11:37 AM
Rock God

mine didnt work due to the rusty contact from getting wet. I cleaned the rust off and works like a champ
post #12 of 15 Old 08-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpInTheRoad View Post
You're problem is easy. Horn is filled with water/mud. Give it a week or two and it will return to it's normal strangulated goat sound.
well, true to your word, it did in fact fix itself, and yes still sounds like a strangled goat, lmao

Blacked out 07 JKUR, safari straps, Treadwright 35's on stock rims and Spydertrax spacers, stubbied front bumper, trimmed flares, 2" body lift, 2" spacers in front with 1" spacers in rear, Gen Right Tire carrier, more to come!
post #13 of 15 Old 08-24-2014, 06:31 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by westvirginiaclay View Post
horn, front park lights and blinkers FIXED/// the problem was a ground wire from steering column to computer [timp] beside batterie under hood. dealer spent few hrs trying to fig out. Had hidden broken ground. dealer ran new separate ground instead spending too much time finding break in wire. Dealer said solder joints break in wires, causes probs. dealer also said if you have a lot of miles with no probs with computer, you won't have any later on. i got 100000+
I have this exact same problem. I am wondering if you have some more info on the fix. I know if I take it to the dealer they are still going to spend hours troubleshooting... If you can post pics of the wire they installed and where it goes??? Id appreciate it....

Thanks
post #14 of 15 Old 07-01-2018, 06:34 PM

I am having the same exact problem as well. Does anyone know where I need to run this ground wire at the column and to the TIPM? Any help is appreciated
post #15 of 15 Old 07-01-2018, 07:47 PM

After tearing my hair out for a while I found the issue.. I am posting the video in case others find this thread during a search. My issues were exactly like the OP but in a 2008 JKU.
In the end, bad ground point.. will need to cut off the ring terminal and make a new one..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode