Recon LED front turn signals - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-05-2014, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Recon LED front turn signals

I'm sure it's on here somewhere, but my searches are coming up nil. I've installed new Recon LED front turn signals and having issues w hyper flash. I first used the vampire style splice connectors sent w the lights for the resistors and they are crap! I rewired them for a better splice yet now I'm getting the first 5 flashes normal then fast. My question is do I need a higher rated resistor than what comes w the lights? They come w 25w8oh resistors.
Much thanks for advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby07 View Post
I'm sure it's on here somewhere, but my searches are coming up nil. I've installed new Recon LED front turn signals and having issues w hyper flash. I first used the vampire style splice connectors sent w the lights for the resistors and they are crap! I rewired them for a better splice yet now I'm getting the first 5 flashes normal then fast. My question is do I need a higher rated resistor than what comes w the lights? They come w 25w8oh resistors.
Much thanks for advice.
You can actually get plug and play resistors from Ebay. I had the same problem with the Recon's and these solved the problem.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRZ-7443-744...d7ff1d&vxp=mtr

Rick
post #3 of 6 Old 07-16-2014, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. I had already ordered new resistors. Got them in today...the passenger side works, but the driver side now goes from not flashing to hyper. :/
I'm guessing maybe a loose connection, but aside from that I'm at a complete loss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Wheeler

I have the same problem. I installed Anzo USA 861119. I was told by tech that there was no need to install the resistors. So, I installed then without the resistors. I had hyper flash on both sides. I installed the resistors, and every thing was fine for a month. Then I had the same problem as you. 5 or 6 good flashes, then hyper flash. I thought that the resistor was too small, but the passenger side never had a problem. I thought maybe the drivers side was getting too hot. I was going to install new bigger resistors, but I think I will try the fast fix from ebay. They are a little cheaper on Amazon though.

2011 JKU Pearl Green Natural
7.0 Stroked HEMI VVT conversion
Teraflex Elite LCG 4" Long Arm Suspension System
G2 Dana 60s front and rear with ARB lockers
++++++MUCH MORE+++++++

2005 TJ
1995 YJ work in progresssss

Last edited by SigChiGuy; 07-17-2014 at 10:39 PM.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-08-2014, 06:06 AM

I'm having issues with recon led turn signals in 2013 wrangler. So converted all to all headlights tailights fog lights turns signals fender light…when I put the headlights on the recon turn signals stay lit and do not flash when the turn signal is on. Resistors are in but they don't play a part in this…with or without resistors if the headlights are on the turn signals won't work.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-02-2015, 11:34 AM
Granite Guru

I got a set of these Recon turn signal from someone with no instruction. I wired the resistor to the outside wire and getting the hyper flash, does it need to wired into the ground wire as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode