Issues Connecting Speaker Level Amp Inputs in 2014 Sport - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-01-2014, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Issues Connecting Speaker Level Amp Inputs in 2014 Sport

I had a Pioneer Amp running sub in my 2011 JKU with Infinity system with input spliced from speaker wires to stock sub. I tried hooking the same system into my 2014 spirt with base stereo but the amp cuts out with any volume over 15. Seems like the stock stereo is clipping and the amp shuts down for protection. Stock speakers continue working. Tried both the front and rear speakers with same effect. Just ordered a PAC speaker level to RCA converter to see if this remedies things. Anybody else see something like this?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2014 Wrangler Sport. Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod, Ranch 9000's, 17" ATX Cornice Wheels with 33" Duratracs, MBRP Light Bar, 12" Blitzpro LED, Spiderwebshades Ultramesh, Tuffy Conceal and Carry Box, Pioneer Mono Amp and Energy Sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-09-2014, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

FIXED IT
Installed a PAC line converter. Spliced the speaker wire to the front right speaker behind the glove box, zip tied the converter to the cabin filter box and ran rca's to the amp. The stock system now sounds pretty good with kickers in the sound bar and a 10" energy sub with 600 watt Pioneer amp.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2014 Wrangler Sport. Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod, Ranch 9000's, 17" ATX Cornice Wheels with 33" Duratracs, MBRP Light Bar, 12" Blitzpro LED, Spiderwebshades Ultramesh, Tuffy Conceal and Carry Box, Pioneer Mono Amp and Energy Sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode