Front Turn Signal Wire Colors Question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2014, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Front Turn Signal Wire Colors Question

I have a 2014 JKU, and I put LED bulbs in the front turn signals, and I need to put resistors to stop the fast blinking, but I don't know which wires to tap into. The three wires are black, white with green stripe, and white with black stripe. This is probably very basic but I know next to nothing about this kind of stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Ok read in here.

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24443

Installation of LEDS and Load Resistors:
Just like regular bulbs. Twist the bulbs wiring harness and the lights will come out. LEDs only work in one direction so if they don't light up, turn them around. For the front turn signal load resistors, attach them to the ground wire and to the outside (not center) power wire. For the rear, attach the load resistor to ground and to the brake light wire (as opposed to the running light wire). I forget which one this is, but I think there was an indication on the plastic and I remember it being the odd-wire-out. I will try to snap a picture later. I used quick splices to tap into the wires. Make sure you have long wires to mount to load resistors as they get hot and will need to be mounted to metal. For the front turn signals mine are sitting in this metal half-cup thing directly behind the turn signal and the tail light load resistors are sitting on the body behind the tail light. With these load resistors I have stopped hyper-blinking and every thing appears to be working normally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2015, 02:07 PM

Just completed the mod that allows fender lights to blink in sync with turn signal

On your turn signal lights, the black wire is ground, the middle wire is park and the wire furthest from the black wire is the turn signal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in