JKOwners Forum banner

Clock resets to 12:00 when ignition is turned off

10K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Gerald L 
#1 ·
For a couple weeks, my clock (in radio) resets itself to 12:00 every time the ignition is turned off. This is annoying.

Also, perhaps related, when the ignition is turned off, the engine continues to run for a second before it dies. It doesn't shut down immediately when power is off.

No codes are shown on the instrument panel and my plug in OBDII reader doesn't show anything. What's up?

#9 ·
I have the same thing right now, runs for an extra second after turning it off and clock keeps resetting except mine doesn't always go to 12:00. Haven't looked into it yet but it is definitely annoying.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I recently purchased a 2014 Jeep Patriot and it is doing the same thing with the stereo and continuing running after turning off ignition.
I am curious as to if you found out what the problem was or how to correct it.
Thank you for any input in advance.

#5 ·
Mine did the same thing. There was a glitch in the head unit and chrysler was aware of the issue. It was fixed under warranty.

#8 ·
This may seem weird, but, the clock is told the time from the WCM (the module that handles the anti theft key ).Chrysler doesn't tell me which model this stands true for.
It is common for us to see clock issues, and I am told there is no rhyme or reason for it, at one time, mine would drop 4 hours while driving down the road.
First thing I would check is power to the radio though and be sure your not losing the keep alive memory power as this affects it too

This post has been deleted
#12 ·
Thank you so much for getting back to me. Hopefully it will fix itself, or I'll just have to put some electrical tape over the clock section of the display. Lol...
Hopefully someone else may see this and have a remedy or it will just continue to do what it is doing, but I appreciate your time responding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.