Rigid Rock Lights - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 05-11-2014, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Rigid Rock Lights

Anyone have these? And if so how bright are they.

http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/40025

I have the Tantrum X and they are pretty weak.

07 JKU, 14 bolt rear/ Teraflex 60 front, Tera Long Arm, King Coilovers, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock etc. 430HP LS3 engine swap. Cage and 14 bolt swap thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 05-12-2014, 06:15 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Jesus, 480 bucks for 6 lights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 27 Old 05-12-2014, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I can get a deal on them and was wondering if anyone had them.

07 JKU, 14 bolt rear/ Teraflex 60 front, Tera Long Arm, King Coilovers, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock etc. 430HP LS3 engine swap. Cage and 14 bolt swap thread-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 05-12-2014, 08:59 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I like Rigid, in fact, all of my lighting is Rigid, but there is no way i'd pay 480.00 for rock lights, I wouldn't pay half of that even. The A series lights are way overpriced in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #5 of 27 Old 05-12-2014, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
I like Rigid, in fact, all of my lighting is Rigid, but there is no way i'd pay 480.00 for rock lights, I wouldn't pay half of that even. The A series lights are way overpriced in my opinion.
How about the quality?

post #6 of 27 Old 05-12-2014, 11:13 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

It's a wear item that will get beat to snot by sand, gravel, and gritty water. Sure, they'll hold up for a while, but, for that kind of money I could buy 6 of the 3" round lights i'm using for fogs and smoke those A series all day long in output for 90 bucks. Then i'd still have money for tons of beer or a new tire, etc.

80 bucks a piece is insane when you consider what you get.

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #7 of 27 Old 05-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Wheeler

I have two pairs of the Dually's and they are super bright and seem to be sealed well. They came with a really nice wiring harness too, it was pretty much plug and play. $480 is spendy for 6 lights, but even the Duallys are $180/pair.

2008 Wrangler Unlimited X -3.8L V6 - 6spd - RC 2" BB - RC N2.0 shocks - Spyder Rock Bumpers - K&N CAI - 285/70 BFG KM2s - BlackRock D Series 17" - 4X Rigid Industries Dually LEDs - Rugged Ridge Armor

2007 Commander Overland - 5.7L HEMI - 4" SuperLift - 285/70 BFG KM2s - Pro Comp Series 5001 17" - PIAA Fogs
post #8 of 27 Old 05-14-2014, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I was hoping someone had actually seen them versus people talking about price. The Vision X suck and are not bright at all. These seem really bright.

post #9 of 27 Old 05-14-2014, 09:01 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith B. View Post
I was hoping someone had actually seen them versus people talking about price. The Vision X suck and are not bright at all. These seem really bright.
I just got 4 of these but have not installed them yet, they seem pretty bright though.

http://olympusoffroad.3dcartstores.c...ghts_p_27.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #10 of 27 Old 05-14-2014, 09:08 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

The price and the availability of people who have run a set go hand in hand. Nobody will pay that much for rock lights. LOL

Quote:
post #11 of 27 Old 05-14-2014, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
The price and the availability of people who have run a set go hand in hand. Nobody will pay that much for rock lights. LOL
With the money that people here spend on worthless crap like bumpers, I figured someone had some of these.

post #12 of 27 Old 05-14-2014, 01:23 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

This is true, my rock lights were el cheapo, then again, so were my bumpers.

Quote:
post #13 of 27 Old 05-14-2014, 04:05 PM
Wheeler

I just got a bunch of led chips off ebay and wired them up. I think 16 4-led chips were only like 10 bucks delivered. They light up everything real well but i dont know how long they'll last. I too like rigid, i have their d2's on my truck. Some places are worth the money, some arent.
But its your choice not ours. I say if youre interested then get a set and post a review for anyone else that may be interested. After all, they are rigid industries, so you know the quality will be top notch.

2014 granite JKUR 6spd, JCR dagger w/stinger, warn m8000s, teraflex tire carrier hinge, spiderwebshade, dirty dog 4x4 netting, 2.5" RK x-factor w/bilsteins, diy rock lights, sPOD, black box 50" light bar, JCR skids, dynomax comp exhaust, locker override, KOR front driveshaft. 37x12.5 Cooper STTs on 17x9 XD Addicts, CC ultra rear bumper, VKS Sliders, Trek Armor seat covers, Cobra 75 CB
post #14 of 27 Old 08-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Granite Guru

Well I just ordered the 4 light kit of these so I guess Im the first sucker to try them out. I got a pretty good deal on them through Northridge4x4, though there is no doubt they are way more expensive than other options out there.

I considered several other options, but everything else seems a chincey. Either less lumen or not as rugged.

In the end it came down to I can afford them and the rest of my lights are Rigid, so at least Im consistent.

Will post review in the next few weeks.
post #15 of 27 Old 08-10-2014, 07:08 PM

I have (6) of them and they're very bright. You will not regret it.
post #16 of 27 Old 08-10-2014, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Awesome.

post #17 of 27 Old 08-10-2014, 08:51 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Rider View Post
I have (6) of them and they're very bright. You will not regret it.
Anyway you can post pictures of your install locations?
post #18 of 27 Old 09-06-2014, 08:28 PM

Look up defconbrix's build on tacomaworld.com he has a review and install locations of the lights. It's a tacoma not a jk but it does have some of the same general locations and angles needed for jks.

Edit: page 19 shows mounting location and page 14 shows the output.

Last edited by John_1980; 09-06-2014 at 08:35 PM.
post #19 of 27 Old 10-08-2015, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

This is for you JKCTAZ

12 rocklights. Actually I am just using 8 as rocklights, 2 as dome lights, 1 under the hood, and 1 near my rear tool box. The D2XLs are going on the bumper(I have a 20" in the bumper) The D2's are going on the A-Pillar, the Duallys are going as backup lights.

post #20 of 27 Old 10-26-2016, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

For you JKCTAZ.... They are all mounted. I even used the Rigid Apods for dome lights, under the hood light, and on my tailgate. Because a $20 light clearly wouldn't do it.

Front

Side

Back

Dome lights

Tailgate light

post #21 of 27 Old 10-26-2016, 07:27 AM
Granite Guru

Looks great...
post #22 of 27 Old 10-29-2016, 12:33 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Well, next time you have some disposable income, PM me in advance and I'll start a GoFundMe...

Quote:
post #23 of 27 Old 11-12-2016, 05:51 AM
Apt
I Put the FU in FUN

Garage

Rigid vs VisionX vs ORO

F150 with 7 ORO'S mounted on it

2 door with 15 VisionX lights on it. Some of those 15 are inside the bumper
4 door with 6 Rigid rock lights and 2 lifetime mini pods

The difference in output on the Rigids is probably around 5 to 6 times brighter than the VisionX and 2 times brighter than the ORO'S
I loves these Rigids.
Attached Images

post #24 of 27 Old 11-28-2016, 07:54 PM

They're great. Have a set on my 10 JK. Very bright. I installed one above each wheel and center of vehicle. Connected to a SPod.
post #25 of 27 Old 12-19-2016, 10:38 PM
Kso
Wheeler

Lux rock lights aren't all that expensive, they put out pretty good light for the money. And they are magnetic. 150 for 8 if I recall correctly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode