Adding Amps with OEM Stereo without splicing using 2 channel LOC - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-10-2014, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Adding Amps with OEM Stereo without splicing using 2 channel LOC

**Info about Vehicle**
2014 Jeep Rubicon with Premium system.

OK I have been searching all morning with no results, I am just trying to find out if the two front speakers get full range audio, from the lowest low (that sub gets) to the highest high (tweeters get) that the stock head puts out?

Basically what I want to do his this, I want to keep my OEM Head unit and I do not want to splice wires if I don't have to, I have the speaker harness's that would let me connect to the two front speakers (woofer connections). All I need is just one set of RCA's (2 channel) that will go to an EQ which has 6 channel output (front/Rear/Sub).

From the EQ I will run one set of RCA's to the sub amp and two sets of RCA's to the 4 speaker amp. The EQ will do the fading as well as most of the sound frequencies adjustment. However, I still want to retain the 3 band EQ from the stereo for minor adjustments to Bass Treble and Mid since the EQ will be locked in my glove box so that rules out the PAC harness.

So my question is, do those two front speaker connections get the same full frequencies that I would get if I was to use the LC8i and sum all the connections into one set of RCA's? I would hate to splice all those wires just to get one set of RCA's, kinda not really using it to its full potential.

Please read this before you post..

I appreciate everyone's opinions on this board and understand the wealth of knowledge. However, I am just looking for the answer to this question and not looking to replace the head unit.

Please note I use to install car stereo's (before the stupid CAN) and I do understand that replacing the head unit would be the best for sound. However, I want to keep the stock Factory NAV, it has one feature on it that I cannot get on any aftermarket unit plus people just do not steal the stock head units like they do the aftermarket units. Besides the two subwoofers everything else will appear stock which I like, with amps hidden under seat and EQ locked in glove box.

Also with my old ears (almost 44) I do not need super clean sound, I just want louder with better highs and better lows which I can adjust in with the EQ. However if I am going to lose frequencies by just connecting to those two front speakers then I am going to have to go the LC8i way and splice into all the connections.

By the way, does anyone know if anyone makes a harness that can plug right into the factory amp to get this connections without splicing the original harness's? If someone did I would buy that and just use the LC8i.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-10-2014, 10:54 PM
Wheeler

Amp

Look up lock pick for Jeep wrangler. It will give you RCA. Unlock your navi. Hook up for a rear camera. Best part it's plug & play. NO splicing
post #3 of 3 Old 05-11-2014, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I believe that audio output is mostly for watching movies from the DVD player. Plus I have all the rest of the stuff already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtjester69 View Post
Look up lock pick for Jeep wrangler. It will give you RCA. Unlock your navi. Hook up for a rear camera. Best part it's plug & play. NO splicing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode