P0463 Code - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 Old 11-15-2009, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

P0463 Code

I know what it is but what would be causing the fuel level voltage to be too high.

I also have the brake light indicator on the dash on

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 Old 11-15-2009, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Bueller? anyone? Jesus?

|
|
post #3 of 62 Old 11-15-2009, 08:07 AM
TrailDuty.com

Bad sender maybe? I have a brand new one somewhere if you need one.

I had the pump replaced on mine, but it threw no codes, just died.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 62 Old 11-15-2009, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Hmm I wonder if the damage to the tank and skid are the culprit, I guess I'll pull it and test it.

Thanks Jesus

|
|
post #5 of 62 Old 11-15-2009, 11:20 AM
TrailDuty.com

Just LMK, I have a new sender unit here, yours if you need it.
post #6 of 62 Old 11-15-2009, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Ok thanks I am about to go pull it after lunch

Thanks Phil

|
|
post #7 of 62 Old 11-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Rock God

I had that after my hemi swap but mine was tied to a bad PCM. With the new PCM it went away.
post #8 of 62 Old 11-15-2009, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Sending unit seems to be good and no problems with wiring up to the main connector.

I reset my AEV programs and then reloaded my original settings. no changes either way.

When I clear the code I get the same exact cycle of lights. Turn the key on all mil's turn off except the fuel low light then the brake light comes on followed by the engine mil.

No abs, bas, or esp mil's so I dont have an issue with any wheel sensor or the axis indicator.

The cluster shows fuel level below empty and the fuel light is on. OBD port shows fuel level at 80%, makes no sense. I can move the float on the sending unit and nothing changes at the cluster or the obd port, but I get a change in voltage at the main harness connector so the sender is working.

I have gone over the entire wire harness to make sure I didnt leave something unplugged, everything is good. All grounds are good also.

Something that might be related, back in July the speedo stopped working while at highway speed and then started working again about 20 min later.

I have had an issue when I couldn't turn the Jeep off, key in hand out of the ignition and the jeep was still running. I somehow traced that to the sway bar plug and after I removed it everything was fine. I no longer have the sway par plugged in and I turned the system off with the procal.

I have also had hard start problems which never threw codes and no issues that would relate to the crank or cam sensors. But I cant prove that, I didnt test them I just dont have any driveability problems or a rough idle that is usually accompanied.

The fuel gauge has been slow to function for the past couple of months at start up and has been working intermittently for the past two weeks.

This thing is about to loose all its wiring and get a 4BT,400 and atlas, oh wait I'm broke. I do like to play with fire, maybe a roasted JK on a stick!

|
|
post #9 of 62 Old 11-15-2009, 06:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

A JK..... on a steeek?

I got nothing... hope you get it figured out.
post #10 of 62 Old 11-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Rock God

I'm starting to think you have a bad cluster. If the obd2 port is reading correctly but the cluster isn't interpreting it or receiving it, me thinks therein lies the problem. Did you unplug the wiring for the cluster when you were doing some of your other projects?
post #11 of 62 Old 11-15-2009, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RonGilbert View Post
A JK..... on a steeek?

I got nothing... hope you get it figured out.
I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that

|
|
post #12 of 62 Old 11-15-2009, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigtman View Post
I'm starting to think you have a bad cluster. If the obd2 port is reading correctly but the cluster isn't interpreting it or receiving it, me thinks therein lies the problem. Did you unplug the wiring for the cluster when you were doing some of your other projects?
I never unplugged the cluster while doing the other stuff but I have had just about every other harness unplugged, most with the battery disconnected. The only harness that was left unplugged when the battery was connected was the main body harness under the right side of the dash, and that was accidental. I forgot the battery was connected and I had the key on for the radio. Dont ask, I get distracted often, I have 5 wonderful excuses.

|
|
post #13 of 62 Old 11-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyguy View Post

Something that might be related, back in July the speedo stopped working while at highway speed and then started working again about 20 min later.
jennies used to do that all the damn time.........it was a weak battery

Quote:
I have had an issue when I couldn't turn the Jeep off, key in hand out of the ignition and the jeep was still running.
mine does that whenever it gets wet.......dunno why

Quote:
This thing is about to loose all its wiring and get a 4BT,400 and atlas, oh wait I'm broke. I do like to play with fire, maybe a roasted JK on a stick!

about 2 months ago, i left the ign. on one night and the batt went dead, jumped it and it started fine but, no headlights, no wipers , no horn...........nothing on the steering column worked at all.........i spend 4 hrs tring to figure out what was wrong, tracing circuits...........turns out it was a computer glitch..........unhooked the batt, grounded the ++ side and hooked it back up, and it all worked fine......and still is..........fawking computer...

and yes i am >< this close to going with a 6bt, nv4500, and an atlas also

do you think 2.5t rockwells would make my ass look fat?

:MY STABLE

2015 JKU RUBI, BLACK, STICK, 40'S

HERS: 2015 JKU SPORT, AUTO, 35'S

DAUGHTERS: 2006 LIBBY, DIESEL, LIFT 32'S

I'm back to fuck shit up and drink red bull.......
post #14 of 62 Old 11-15-2009, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckhouston View Post

about 2 months ago, i left the ign. on one night and the batt went dead, jumped it and it started fine but, no headlights, no wipers , no horn...........nothing on the steering column worked at all.........i spend 4 hrs tring to figure out what was wrong, tracing circuits...........turns out it was a computer glitch..........unhooked the batt, grounded the ++ side and hooked it back up, and it all worked fine......and still is..........fawking computer...

Some fat on an ass is good

I have had the radio on, I killed the battery,and left the charger on. maybe just maybe its my ignorance and not the jeep. I dont want to get into what happened in my garage today but I did yell at a nieghbor kid.

|
|
post #15 of 62 Old 11-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Rock God

Have you tried the good ol' touch the battery cables together, leave it be for 15 minutes and then try it?
post #16 of 62 Old 11-15-2009, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckhouston View Post

Quote:
Have you tried the good ol' touch the battery cables together, leave it be for 15 minutes and then try it?

Yup, I just reset the computer put the fuel tank back in started it up, lights came back on. I noticed a popping in the front end when I turned the wheel so I had my wife come out and turn the wheel back and forth while I looked, praying she doesnt run me over AGAIN!. The track bar upper bushing mount needs to be rebuilt, the tie rod end on the drag link is gone and the steering gear box has a lot of play in the sector shaft, WTF. So I turned the jeep off, tried to tighten the tie rod end and I greased it. Went to restart so I could pinpoint the gear box better and nothing the jeep said spah fut. I guess its still pissed at me for not going to Longs I have moved past Gaud Dammit I now blame his father whoever that might be.

Guess I'm going to buy a battery tomorrow and see if thats the problem before buying a PCM.

|
|
post #17 of 62 Old 11-15-2009, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
I dont want to get into what happened in my garage today but I did yell at a nieghbor kid.
DAMNIT- I KNEW I should have stopped by. You gonna be home tomorrow (Monday)?
post #18 of 62 Old 11-16-2009, 05:46 AM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
The cluster shows fuel level below empty and the fuel light is on. OBD port shows fuel level at 80%, makes no sense.
New cluster?
post #19 of 62 Old 11-16-2009, 06:22 AM
Rock God

Joe,

Don't buy a new PCM. You can borrow mine and see if it'll work. I am a bit south of ya but you are welcome to try it if you want.

I'm flying to DC tomorrow and I won't be back until Friday around dinner. If you want, I'll leave it where my wife can find it if you want to come down during the week.
post #20 of 62 Old 11-16-2009, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

New battery, jeep starts but I still have the three lights on and the same code is showing up.

Quote:
Joe,

Don't buy a new PCM. You can borrow mine and see if it'll work. I am a bit south of ya but you are welcome to try it if you want.

I'm flying to DC tomorrow and I won't be back until Friday around dinner. If you want, I'll leave it where my wife can find it if you want to come down during the week.
Very cool of you to offer and I will take you up on it. PM me your address please, I'm going to see if my wife will pick it up during the day. Thank you very much. If it ends up being the PCM do you want to sell yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
New cluster?
That's next

|
|
post #21 of 62 Old 11-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Rock God

If it ends up being the PCM, we can work something out. I was going to sell it eventually anyway.

I sent you a PM a few minutes ago.
post #22 of 62 Old 11-16-2009, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
If it ends up being the PCM, we can work something out. I was going to sell it eventually anyway.

I sent you a PM a few minutes ago.
Cool, thank you. Hopefully, it will help because now it won't start again.

|
|
post #23 of 62 Old 11-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Rock God

Quote:

I dont want to get into what happened in my garage today but I did yell at a nieghbor kid.
Thats good stuff right there!! Seriuosly though, Good luck on getting the Mangler going! It's things like that that keep me from going to far with the modifications, once I mess with stuff it usually never works the same again!!

HANG ON TIGHT...I SAW THIS IN A CARTOON ONCE...I THINK I CAN DO IT!!
08 4 DOOR, FLAME RED, 3" SKYJACKER LIFT, 325/70-17 NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS, MOTO METAL 951 WHEELS, RANCHO REAR BUMPER/TIRE CARRIER,DAYSTAR HOOD WRANGLERS, RAINGLER GRIPS, MOPAR SLUSH MATS
post #24 of 62 Old 11-16-2009, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddandshari'sjk View Post
Thats good stuff right there!! Seriuosly though, Good luck on getting the Mangler going! It's things like that that keep me from going to far with the modifications, once I mess with stuff it usually never works the same again!!
I dont think this is a result from anything I have done. I have had other issues in the past and I think the bad battery might have caused a spike or maybe the battery charger caused a spike and the PCM didn't like it. That's my guess at least since the battery is showing 12v until it gets a load and it goes to 10.1v. But then again it only started and ran once with the new battery ( and I bought a good one)

Oh and if your curious why I yelled at the little bastard, he is 6 and was telling my 4 year old to pull her dress up, which she did. Then he lied to me about it with three of my kids telling me different and my oldest doesnt lie about crap like that. I was hot but never cussed at him so I had some control. He is lucky his dad is a cop or I might have pulled out the big paint stick on the little guy.

|
|

Last edited by bodyguy; 11-16-2009 at 08:46 PM.
post #25 of 62 Old 11-16-2009, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Well it decided to start back up after leaving the key on for a few minutes, but know I have another code. My wife is picking the PCM up tomorrow from Tim's wife hopefully that's the problem. Thank you again Tim and be sure to tell your wife I said thank you, we both have some good women to put up with this crap and do what they do for us.

P0452 ‐ EVAP PRESSURE SWITCH STUCK CLOSED

|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode