show me your flashlight mounts - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 11-14-2009, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

show me your flashlight mounts

I have a streamlight strion rechargable flashlight I want mounted in the cab somewhere. your mission: help me figure out where to mount this thing. thanx for your help folks.

2008 Detonator 2Dr. 6 Sp.
Olympic double tube sliders I Rugged Ridge front XHD I Smittybilt XRC 8 I Ef's pod I Chopped flares I Rock krawler 2.5" stock mod with Bilstein 5100s I 35" Dick Cepek Crushers

Jersey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-14-2009, 07:27 PM
JKO Addict!

mine is on the inside of the "hump" as you open the tailgate. Maglite.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #3 of 15 Old 11-14-2009, 07:29 PM
JKO Addict!

No pictures handy right now but my Maglite is on the drivers seat rail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 11-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Rock God

I have a 4 cell maglight just shoved under the seat.
You could get one of these http://www.quadratec.com/products/14018_60X_PG.htm

2008 Red Rock Sahara Unlimited (stock)

PAVED ROADS
A fine example of needless
government spending

Last edited by rockredsahara; 11-14-2009 at 07:32 PM.
post #5 of 15 Old 11-14-2009, 07:45 PM
JKO Addict!

The strion is a pretty small light. Just stick it in the center console or the glove box.

I carry a small LED MagLight in some pockets on my doors (I have the Raingler MOLLE mounts) and I generally have my Streamlight Stinger as well. They are in reach and out of sight.
post #6 of 15 Old 11-14-2009, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I may eventually go with the roll bar mounted mag however at the time I am looking for a spot to mount my streamlight it is only 5.3" long. here is a link for referance http://streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=3 it is more of a tacticle light I use for work. thanx for your input.

Olympic double tube sliders I Rugged Ridge front XHD I Smittybilt XRC 8 I Ef's pod I Chopped flares I Rock krawler 2.5" stock mod with Bilstein 5100s I 35" Dick Cepek Crushers

Jersey

Crew
post #7 of 15 Old 11-14-2009, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
The strion is a pretty small light. Just stick it in the center console or the glove box.
this is true but I want to mount the charger. I thought about the glove box as thats where it is stored for now, but the charger would jus take up too much of my locked storage... I dont have the whole locking center console, just the basic crap holder. I was thinking somewhere down by the footwells or something like that out of sight.

Jersey

Crew
post #8 of 15 Old 11-14-2009, 08:16 PM
JKO Addict!

You can mount the charger in a vertical position and just stick the light right in that. In patrol cars, they are mounted that way all the time. The will work their way loose though if mounted horizontally.
post #9 of 15 Old 11-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Wheeler

i put 2 mini maglites in the grab handles as back ups
post #10 of 15 Old 11-14-2009, 08:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

well I gotta keep mine above water level haha and it wouldnt fit under seat

its in my tuffy drawer, I could mount it on front bumper to temp replace headlight it one goes out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #11 of 15 Old 11-14-2009, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

this is what I was going for, just looking for ideas as far as location. Im sure someone on here has a charger mounted inside. I dont want to mount it up just to find it is in the way of something later.

Jersey

Crew
post #12 of 15 Old 11-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Granite Guru

I use my Maglite mounts to hold my front license plate on to the winch fairlead. HD Maglite in the tool bag(in back), and a couple of LED flashlights stashed here & there.

2008 Red Rock Rubicon Unltd 6spd dual top
post #13 of 15 Old 11-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Wheeler

I went with seat rail as well. It's pretty convenient, though I do need to open the door a crack to access the light from the driver's seat (not enough space between the door and the rail).

I'm thinking of picking up a better light, but I'll probably use the same location. I would think it would be easy enough to run some power there to keep the batteries topped up.

post #14 of 15 Old 11-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Wheeler

You may want to consider a Malkoff Devices LED drop-in module. Their drop-in modules for the Surefire family of lights rock as well.
post #15 of 15 Old 11-16-2009, 12:09 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by here4fun View Post
You may want to consider a Malkoff Devices LED drop-in module. Their drop-in modules for the Surefire family of lights rock as well.
Interesting... I have an aftermarket LED upgrade for the Mag already, but it's pretty disappointing compared to some of the others I've learned about recently. I was checking out one from Terralux because it showed pretty favorably (IMO) in a YouTube I found while researching the Fenix TK40.

YouTube - (BEAMSHOTS!) Fenix TK40 vs Magcharger with the Terralux TLE-300 upgrade

I still have my eye on some of the bodies that allow different brightness levels and accommodate rechargeable LiIon or AA's.

Okay hijack off -- sorry to the OP for the diversion, maybe we need a Jeeps + Flashlights thread, or maybe one already exists and I should use the search
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode