Replacement speakers question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-25-2014, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Replacement speakers question

I'm thinking about going with the 40CS654 or the 77kick10 or maybe even something else. I'm a fan of kicker though. I really don't want to have to upgrade the head unit or put in an amp at this time. What have u guys had good luck with?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-25-2014, 06:51 PM
Granite Guru

I put the kicker speakers from Mopar in and I am VERY satisfied with the, good price and the quality is awesome, even at full blast
post #3 of 6 Old 04-25-2014, 07:17 PM
Granite Guru

I used the hertz hsk165xl seperates mounted in the stock locations powered with audison vrx 4.300 .. Very crisp clean music
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-26-2014, 04:37 PM
Wheeler

i just went to bestbuy last week and bought the 6 1/2 factory replacement speakers from kicker, ($160 for all 4) The install was easy, all though it seems JKs use a 6 3/4 or 7" speaker, i was still able to easily install them, i just used the screws that came with them and centered the speaker. I replaced the factory cover on the sound bar. They sound great on a factory deck, i will however be getting the kicker 10" sub and 600W amp ($200 with box, sub, amp, and wiring all at bestbuy) The speakers have a centered twitter which makes the speakers more for treble than bass along with the factory 2 twitters on the dash.

hope this helps

Originally quoted by :White13JKUR
My favorite was the time at the ATM when I hopped out of the jeep and a hot soccer mom immediately approached me and asked in a friendly voice: “How many inches do you have?” Then, when I looked to see that she too had jumped out of a stock jeep similar to mine, I responded with confidence : “3.5 inches”
post #5 of 6 Old 04-26-2014, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJeep View Post
i just went to bestbuy last week and bought the 6 1/2 factory replacement speakers from kicker, ($160 for all 4) The install was easy, all though it seems JKs use a 6 3/4 or 7" speaker, i was still able to easily install them, i just used the screws that came with them and centered the speaker. I replaced the factory cover on the sound bar. They sound great on a factory deck, i will however be getting the kicker 10" sub and 600W amp ($200 with box, sub, amp, and wiring all at bestbuy) The speakers have a centered twitter which makes the speakers more for treble than bass along with the factory 2 twitters on the dash.

hope this helps

Which speakers did u get exactly?

post #6 of 6 Old 04-28-2014, 04:30 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddailey View Post
Which speakers did u get exactly?

They are the Kicker 300W CS65 6 1/2 coaxial....
the one for the factory replacement that is brought up on the amazon search has 3 bolt holes like the original factory and the fit awesome but the suck in sound. i had a set and returned them in a day. The 4 bolt CS65 from bestbuy (black and yellow box) seem to be a lot better without spending $100 a speaker.
here is the link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cs65-6-1-2-coaxial-speakers-with-polypropylene-woofer-cones-pair/7708042.p?id=1218864555959&skuId=7708042&st=catego ryid$abcat0302005&cp=1&lp=1

Originally quoted by :White13JKUR
My favorite was the time at the ATM when I hopped out of the jeep and a hot soccer mom immediately approached me and asked in a friendly voice: “How many inches do you have?” Then, when I looked to see that she too had jumped out of a stock jeep similar to mine, I responded with confidence : “3.5 inches”

Last edited by TexasJeep; 04-28-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode