Super Chips Programer 3872? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 04-04-2014, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Super Chips Programer 3872?

Is anyone running this model in a Super Chips 3872 on a 2012 or newer jeep?
I am needing to get one to be able to disable TPMS sensors and Increase Tire Size.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 04-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Rock God

I picked one up from Marcus at River city offroad last week, but it was for a 2007. He has really good price on them. Not much help from me on a 2012.
post #3 of 18 Old 04-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Wheeler

I just picked on up for my 2013, but have to wait until the weekend as i have to get my old PC up and running, as they do not support Apple products. I'll let you know once i install it.

2013 Jeep 10A JKUR MallCrawler! hehehe

Engine-Magnusun Supercharger, Rugged Ridge Snorkel CAI, Custom Flowmaster Series 50 Exhaust,

Suspension/Tires-Suspension Leveling Kit. Rough Country 1 1/4" Body Lift. 4:56 Gears F/R, 35" Toyo Open Country, 17" KMC Rockstars,

Other Mods-Inspired Engineering LED Fog Lights, Rough Country Hi Lift Jack Mount, Twin ARB OBA System, 10k lb Smittybuilt XRC Comp Winch with Synthetic Line and Prolink Safety Thimble (Maximus 3 Winch Plate/Fairlead)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 04-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Wheeler

I bought one at the beginning of March for my 2014 but the GD thing doesn't work. I've been dealing with their piss poor customer service for the past month. Compatible with 2014's my ass.

2014 Anvil 2 door
post #5 of 18 Old 04-04-2014, 05:11 PM
Wheeler

UPDATE^^

So I purchased a Flashpaq back at the beginning of March in hopes of tuning my 2014 JK. I receive the Flashpaq and get to tuning and find out that my Jeep's config is too new and they don't have a tune for it yet. So, no biggie, I wait. And wait some more. So they tell me today that they now have an update for my Jeep and to update my tuner using their software and then program the Jeep. I do as they say, and it doesn't work. Same crap, different error. Error message E-55 this time, whatever that means. I try to crank the Jeep afterwards and it does nothing. All I get are lights. Will not turn over. Dead. Superchips killed my Jeep with less than 2,000 miles on it. They close shop at 5:00 eastern, so I have a dead Jeep until I can call them on Monday. Eric at Northridge4x4 tried to help out and I'm taking his advice by disconnecting the battery for a while, hoping to clear the data. I feel horrible.

2014 Anvil 2 door
post #6 of 18 Old 04-05-2014, 08:15 AM
Rock God

Here is a thread on jk-f that I found looking up your issue. Not a feel good thread!

Superchips error
post #7 of 18 Old 04-05-2014, 08:30 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

... And then you have Alasha with a dead Jeep from his bricked Diablo Trinity. Maybe I don't need a tuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #8 of 18 Old 04-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Rock God

Alasha is back up and running now.
post #9 of 18 Old 04-05-2014, 11:12 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Yeah, only took a month for that to happen. I'd be pissed if I had to wait a month for my Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #10 of 18 Old 04-09-2014, 12:21 PM
Wheeler

Update:

I had to ship out my PCM to them Monday night. Overnight Fedex on their dime. They were quick with my PCM. They received it yesterday, fixed it, and overnighted back to me. I received it today before lunch and I installed it and the Jeep fired up. Huge relief off my back. So their customer service is definitely top notch. I really wanted the programmer to work, but I am not going to try again.

2014 Anvil 2 door
post #11 of 18 Old 04-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Wheeler

Just installed mine over the weekend. I didn't have any issues, just followed the instructions to the letter. I LOVE the difference. Finally was able to get rid of the TPMS Warning Lights, once i adjusted it. I went right for the 93 Octane Tune, its great! Now that I've changed the tire size, gear ratio etc, the transmission now shifts great! It will now shift from 5th and hold 4th gear going up a pretty good sized hill doing 70mph. Before it would always want to go to 3rd, and rev to the moon! It did take about 20 or so minutes to do it all, which is kind of slow compared to other tuners I've used on different vehicles i have had. That is really my only complaint so far? So i think for $300 it was well worth it!
post #12 of 18 Old 04-09-2014, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Dogg View Post
Just installed mine over the weekend. I didn't have any issues, just followed the instructions to the letter. I LOVE the difference. Finally was able to get rid of the TPMS Warning Lights, once i adjusted it. I went right for the 93 Octane Tune, its great! Now that I've changed the tire size, gear ratio etc, the transmission now shifts great! It will now shift from 5th and hold 4th gear going up a pretty good sized hill doing 70mph. Before it would always want to go to 3rd, and rev to the moon! It did take about 20 or so minutes to do it all, which is kind of slow compared to other tuners I've used on different vehicles i have had. That is really my only complaint so far? So i think for $300 it was well worth it!
Which one did you go with? What year is your JK?
post #13 of 18 Old 04-10-2014, 10:15 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjk07 View Post
Which one did you go with? What year is your JK?
I ended up with the Flashpaq 3872. I have a 2013 JKUR 10A.

2013 Jeep 10A JKUR MallCrawler! hehehe

Engine-Magnusun Supercharger, Rugged Ridge Snorkel CAI, Custom Flowmaster Series 50 Exhaust,

Suspension/Tires-Suspension Leveling Kit. Rough Country 1 1/4" Body Lift. 4:56 Gears F/R, 35" Toyo Open Country, 17" KMC Rockstars,

Other Mods-Inspired Engineering LED Fog Lights, Rough Country Hi Lift Jack Mount, Twin ARB OBA System, 10k lb Smittybuilt XRC Comp Winch with Synthetic Line and Prolink Safety Thimble (Maximus 3 Winch Plate/Fairlead)
post #14 of 18 Old 04-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Quote:
I ended up with the Flashpaq 3872. I have a 2013 JKUR 10A.
Makes me feel a little better about ordering mine. I have a '13 JKU and it should be here tomorrow via the brown truck. We'll see how it goes. To be totally honest, I'm a little nervous about it.
post #15 of 18 Old 04-18-2014, 09:59 AM
Granite Guru

I've been waiting and communicating with Superchips since Nov '13 over the TPMS that won't accept an input under 29 psi. I have 34.5 tires and 4.56 gears. Had to trick the unit by using a bogus tire size of 33-something to get correct MPH. They work for some, while others never seem to overcome issues. I would not re-buy.

2013 JKR, Auto, Yukon 4.56, Goodyear MTR/K 35/12.5/17 on XD222 KMC Enduro Beadlocks,Teraflex Big Brakes & Spare Carrier, Warn RC Winch, Metalcloak Front & Rear Bumpers, Metalcloak Overliner Flares & Front Inner Fenders w/ Corner Guards/Tail Lamps, Metalcloak Game Changer 2.5" w/6-Pac's, ARB Diff Covers & Onboard Air, AFE High Tuck Muffler, Front Lower Control Arm Skids, Artec Aluminum Skid System, Poison Spyder Hood Vents, Ripp SC.

There are no winners here; just beguiled participants
post #16 of 18 Old 10-10-2014, 09:33 PM

Just got my Flashpaq 3872, downloaded the update and ran it on my 2012 JKU sport. I must be lucky because I am very happy. I did not buy it with the intention of blowing doors off of corvettes. I bought it because I was experiencing transmission shift issue which affect power and mpg on my auto from 3.21 gears and larger tires (33"). To me, worth every penny. With the 87 octane tune and changing the tire size, I am very happy. This thing drives better than my 2012 2 door. I followed the simple instructions to a 'T". First tuner ever used. I know there are some pretty strong opinions about tuners on here but the seat test passes in my book. Hope this helps the initial post.
post #17 of 18 Old 10-18-2014, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckNorris View Post
Just got my Flashpaq 3872, downloaded the update and ran it on my 2012 JKU sport. I must be lucky because I am very happy. I did not buy it with the intention of blowing doors off of corvettes. I bought it because I was experiencing transmission shift issue which affect power and mpg on my auto from 3.21 gears and larger tires (33"). To me, worth every penny. With the 87 octane tune and changing the tire size, I am very happy. This thing drives better than my 2012 2 door. I followed the simple instructions to a 'T". First tuner ever used. I know there are some pretty strong opinions about tuners on here but the seat test passes in my book. Hope this helps the initial post.

^X2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 18 Old 01-07-2015, 11:17 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

just got mine a couple days ago for my 2011 JKUR. I followed the instructions and it worked fine. I went ahead and installed the 93 octane tune because that is all I run in my vehicles anyway. it seems to run smoother and definitely shifts better. I also changed my tire size to the correct size. so far I give it 2 thumbs up.

2011 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
- 3.5" Rubicon Express lift /w 1.25" BL
- 5.38 Yukon gears
- 40" Pro Comp MT2's
- Lot's of extra's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode