Body Armor Bumper/20" light bar - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Body Armor Bumper/20" light bar

Hey fellas. Looking for some advice. I have a 20" Engo bar mounted to the Rigid 20" cradle...took some hack and tap. i am not completely sold on the current mock up. anyone know how i could mount it underneath the top of the hoop? i can not find a mount that can adjust so it will mount flush against the bar but still be able to angle correctly to mount around the tube. Maybe im not sold because the bar has to mount on the back side where the tabs are instead of directly on top....

Thanks yall.
Attached Images

'12 JKU, 3.5", D44 front swap w/ OX & 5.13s. CMM & Rimz One Built.
Sponsored by Rigid Industries & Method Race Wheels

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 12:01 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

I mounted my 12 inch bar in between the fairlead and the winch plate.

You could do something like this:

http://www.fab101.com/news/winch-fai...led-light-bar/

or this:

http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=LEDFLMF

Just suggestions to get your mind working, I can't find any mounts for a 20" bar. Looks like you have enough room to mount it this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

yeah, i have seen those designs and I do like them...maybe I can get Brian and Jeremey over at CMM to build one for the masses.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 12:22 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Depending on the room, couldn't you just bolt the C cradle right to the top of the roller fairlead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #5 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppSt59Dave View Post
yeah, i have seen those designs and I do like them...maybe I can get Brian and Jeremey over at CMM to build one for the masses.
How would you build one different than what we offer?

GenRight Off-Road - Genuine Ideas Engineered Right
4535 Runway Street, Simi Valley, California 93063
805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #6 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Depending on the room, couldn't you just bolt the C cradle right to the top of the roller fairlead?
there is room for sure...not sure how to bolt there. The fairlead is just a pin with a clip that holds it in. Im not knowledgeable about swapping out bolts and whatnot on that part of a winch setup and what you can/cant do.

post #7 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenRight Off Road View Post
im not sure if I would change anything...do you have one that will work for a 20"?

post #8 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Do you make one for a 20" bar? website says up to 12".

Quote:
there is room for sure...not sure how to bolt there. The fairlead is just a pin with a clip that holds it in. Im not knowledgeable about swapping out bolts and whatnot on that part of a winch setup and what you can/cant do.
The one that genright makes sandwiches between the winch mounting plate and the fairlead.

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #9 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 12:54 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
See picture, just drill a hole into the void behind each side roller and bolt the C cradle through it. 2 dollars worth of hardware and done.
Attached Images

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #10 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 12:54 PM
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Quote:
im not sure if I would change anything...do you have one that will work for a 20"?
How far apart are the bolts on your light? You drill the holes in our mount exactly where you need them. If you click on the link at look at the pics, it may make more sense.

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #11 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
How far apart are the bolts on your light? You drill the holes in our mount exactly where you need them. If you click on the link at look at the pics, it may make more sense.
the outer dimensions are 22 1/4". The two holes that I drilled in the Rigid cradle mount is 8.5" apart...so i see what you are saying...combine the cradle mount and your mount....right?

post #12 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
See picture, just drill a hole into the void behind each side roller and bolt the C cradle through it. 2 dollars worth of hardware and done.
Im diggin it. i will go take a look when the phones die down. that may work perfect.

post #13 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 12:57 PM
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

The light size is really irrelevant.

Its more about where the bolt are on the light you're looking at. IF they're 12" or less apart, then I don't see why it wouldn't work.

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #14 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
The light size is really irrelevant.

Its more about where the bolt are on the light you're looking at. IF they're 12" or less apart, then I don't see why it wouldn't work.
the hardware that comes with the light will be no narrower than 20"....so without something to mount it to first I would not be able to mount it directly to the GR mount.

post #15 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 01:09 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
the hardware that comes with the light will be no narrower than 20"....so without something to mount it to first I would not be able to mount it directly to the GR mount.
You would have to mount the C cradle by drilling new holes in it to line up with the foot on the GR plate, but why bolt a bracket to a bracket? Drill two holes through the C cradle and the roller fairlead and leave out an extra part.

Quote:
post #16 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
You would have to mount the C cradle by drilling new holes in it to line up with the foot on the GR plate, but why bolt a bracket to a bracket? Drill two holes through the C cradle and the roller fairlead and leave out an extra part.
amen.

post #17 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 01:34 PM
JKO Addict!

I made my own version of GenRight's bracket for my IPF's by hacking up an old roller fairlead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #18 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
you just earned that tshirt i sent ya..that looks like it will work perfect. if you were closer id buy you a beer.

post #19 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 01:55 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
post #20 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1395960800.234071.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  947.2 KB

This may work!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

post #21 of 25 Old 03-27-2014, 04:55 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I think the bracket would have pushed it into the mid hoop...

Quote:
post #22 of 25 Old 03-28-2014, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1396025915.974946.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  755.8 KB
Mounted. I was about 1/8" off on my drilling so light is slightly aimed in to traffic. PERFECT! Thank you guys for the brain storming.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

post #23 of 25 Old 03-28-2014, 11:09 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Looks good! Are you going to move the cubes up to the winshield brackets?

Quote:
post #24 of 25 Old 03-28-2014, 11:11 AM

Looks damm good. I would rotate the cubes outwards for a wider angle of light.

Quote:
Quote:
post #25 of 25 Old 03-28-2014, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Looks good! Are you going to move the cubes up to the winshield brackets?
maybe. they are el cheapo lights and not very long in the distance. might move them under the rear bumper

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode