Do you regret buying a 50" Led bar SR or E series ? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-15-2014, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Do you regret buying a 50" Led bar SR or E series ?

I really would like your input as I am deciding whether or not to pull the trigger on one of these.. I have two of their products now but nothing dynamic like the 50" output..

Thanks again

Tommy

2010 Rubicon Unlimited-GEN 2 RIPP SUPERCHARGED |3" EVO Plush Coils| King 2.0 Shocks|ATX SLAB Beadlock Wheels| 37" MT KM2 | RockHard Sport Cage| Bushwhacker Fenders| Yukon 5.38 Gears|Warn 9.5ti Winch| Rigid | Varad | JKS| $$$$
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-15-2014, 07:52 PM
Rock God

My 50" bar is loud with my soft top.

Semper Fi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-15-2014, 09:21 PM
Granite Guru

Are you talking about the Rigid brand lights specifically, or any 50" LED light bar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Wheeler

I also would like to know, I ride with my top off quite a bit and I am concerned with the possible noise from the rigid unit
post #5 of 8 Old 03-16-2014, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Any brand actually.. I really appreciate the feedback on the noise associated with these bars

2010 Rubicon Unlimited-GEN 2 RIPP SUPERCHARGED |3" EVO Plush Coils| King 2.0 Shocks|ATX SLAB Beadlock Wheels| 37" MT KM2 | RockHard Sport Cage| Bushwhacker Fenders| Yukon 5.38 Gears|Warn 9.5ti Winch| Rigid | Varad | JKS| $$$$
post #6 of 8 Old 03-17-2014, 12:23 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I got a knock off on eBay for $230 and I am happy with it. It is pretty noisy with the hard top on. I just put the soft top on today, and I expect it to be even worse. With that said, I still do not regret it. Honestly, I have gotten used to the noise and tend to zone it out. I plan on trying the door seals from Lowes between the fins to see how much that helps. Either way, I would do it again. It puts out gobs of light. Hope this helps.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you don't like it, go break it!

'07 JKRU
3.5" RK X-Factor Lift on 37x12.5x17 MTR-K's wrapped around AEV Pintler Wheels
post #7 of 8 Old 03-17-2014, 06:14 AM
JKO Addict!

If you spend more money on LED's than your suspension set up....you might be a mall crawler...

If you bought an 50 inch light, just because it looks cool.....you might be a mall crawler......

If you bought off road lights and use them maybe 3 times a month and thats just to flip on and off at the car that cut you off in traffic..... you might be a mall crawler...

Ok... Im done...

Seriously.... I think they are cool... With all these new LED companies coming out...you are almost insane if you spend $1000 on a LED light when they are selling for $300.

But hey...its your jeep... do whatcha want!

ohh yeah... and yes I want a 50" on my jeep...I'm just a cheap bastard.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-17-2014, 07:26 AM
Rock God

Light bars..not just for trail riding! We couldn't have finished this job at a local hotel without them.

The hotel informed us the next day that they got complaints from people in the top floors of the condo towers next door. It seems our lights were lighting up their balconies all night...

Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel, + upper control arms:RRD remote reservoir shocks:Teraflex Speed Bumps:Poison Spyder bumpers, fenders, and rockers: Gen Right tire carrier: Rigid duallies, 20 and 50 bars, fogs: Trucklites: Off Road Hero's Top: Genesis Off Road dual battery kit:

Last edited by Davesrb; 03-17-2014 at 07:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode