2013 JK UNLIMITED SUB WIRING - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 03-11-2014, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

2013 JK UNLIMITED SUB WIRING

I have called multiple dealerships and talked to multiple idiots in my area and have found no answer for what I am looking for.I have a 2013 unlimited with stock stereo.I have added the factory sub enclosure into the rear of the vehicle and am looking for the harness to power the powerpoint and factory sub.I called the dealer and they sent me what he thought was the correct one and it gets here a week later and NOPE wrong harness.Any help would be appreciated.I also have a stealth box that installs on the tailgate if anyone is interested
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-12-2014, 07:46 AM
Rock God

Not following what you're trying to do here.
I get the connecting the Sub but you lost me at power the powerpoint?

2010 JKU Sahara
It's all about smiles per gallon, not miles per gallon
post #3 of 15 Old 03-12-2014, 08:26 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

I think there is a 12 volt external power point hookup in the back like there is on the dash on the newer models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 03-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi_Cope View Post
I have called multiple dealerships and talked to multiple idiots in my area and have found no answer for what I am looking for.I have a 2013 unlimited with stock stereo.I have added the factory sub enclosure into the rear of the vehicle and am looking for the harness to power the powerpoint and factory sub.I called the dealer and they sent me what he thought was the correct one and it gets here a week later and NOPE wrong harness.Any help would be appreciated.I also have a stealth box that installs on the tailgate if anyone is interested
I traded my sub enclosure from my 13 to someone without it and the harness you speak of is part of the enclosure.

Here are the few picture I have.

The first one is the harness part that goes to the sub.

The second one is the harness connector that connects to the harness on the jeep.

The third one is the harness on the Jeep.

I hope this helps. BTW if you happen to find a part number I would also be interested as I would like to add an outlet again.
Attached Images

post #5 of 15 Old 03-12-2014, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

yeah I have done the same I traded my stock plastics for the factory enclosure but he kept the harness to wire up the power point and the sub into a security deck that he bought. I am in search for the harness that plugs into the sub and it "T"s off to the bottom to power the power point I am after the harness to get power to thje power point without hacking up the factory harness. and yes on the newer ones it has a powerpoint infront of the sub as seen in the about pictures
post #6 of 15 Old 03-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Rock God

You should write power outlet instead of power point or powerpoint to avoid confusions with MS Office software

2010 JKU Sahara
post #7 of 15 Old 03-12-2014, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panamon Creel View Post
You should write power outlet instead of power point or powerpoint to avoid confusions with MS Office software
10-4 I just wish this wiring mess was over i love wiring but my wife freaks out when i start wiring on her jeep just wait till fir day when i get the s-pod she will flip out local jeep dealers are no help i am going to have to find it on the trusty inter web
post #8 of 15 Old 03-12-2014, 09:03 PM
Wheeler

The factory sub signal comes from the premium amp. If you don't have the amp you will need to get an aftermarket amp and run it off the rear speaker output. You may need a line level converter if the amp needs low level inputs.

Edit: Doh! Gonna be hard to find the harness alone. You might be able to get it from car-part.com.

Personally I'd just run some wire direct form the battery until you get the sPod. The factory outlet is always hot anyway.

Last edited by chuckt62; 03-12-2014 at 09:36 PM.
post #9 of 15 Old 03-13-2014, 07:41 AM
Rock God

The only thing I can give you is the part numbers for the connector kits, maybe you'll have an easier time finding the whole harness kit with those numbers.
Power Outlet Rear: 68065024AA
Speaker Sub woofer: 05102399AA

2010 JKU Sahara
post #10 of 15 Old 03-13-2014, 08:15 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Levi,

Do you have the plug in the back where the sub panel goes over? It is up near the plastic piece that the rear soft top window clips into.

If you have the plug in the back, you can manually wire it without the harness. The factory sub isn't that great and an aftermarket one would fit in the enclosure. There are two green and two gray wires for the sub. Never seen a sub with 4 wires going to it before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles

Last edited by BigMike; 03-13-2014 at 08:29 AM.
post #11 of 15 Old 03-16-2014, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I have the connector on the rear fender
I also have a loc(line out converter) and aftermarket sub wired in and stuck I to
Factory enclosure I was just wanting the harness for the power outlet my wife really doesn't like it when I start wiring even tho I know what in doing. Maybe I will just leave it alone for now and get it figured out later. Thanks to everyone for the help you guys are amazing
post #12 of 15 Old 03-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Wheeler

Well, we're in kind of opposite situations... I removed my factory sub, and am in the middle of installing a hideaway under the front seat. I don't like the way the OEM unit sticks out. I still want the rear power outlet for a planned fridge purchase though. Haven't decided whether I'll do a cig outlet or a higher current setup yet. Either way I'll wire it from the battery or sPod or similar... Oh and it's my jeep & the wife don't drive a stick
post #13 of 15 Old 04-01-2014, 03:57 PM

Any pics of the stealthbox and how much for it?
post #14 of 15 Old 04-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Wheeler

Last edited by chuckt62; 04-04-2014 at 07:33 PM.
post #15 of 15 Old 04-17-2014, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Sorry I been looking for pink winch line and forgot bout this thread. Shoot me a pm or email and I will try to get a picture if you are still interested
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode