brighter headlight bulbs? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 10-13-2009, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Question brighter headlight bulbs?

i'd like to add brighter headlight bulbs along with glass housing, anyone know of a company that makes these products? please let me know the companies website thanks in advance for your help with this issue

the stock headlights suck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 10-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Granite Guru

Try Susquhana Motor Sports (sorry about the spelling) and their kit for the JK, web search the HID kits and Northrige4x4.com is supposed to have a kit out by X-mas using the Fatboy bulbs.

I'm personally waiting on Northridges kit but you are correct in the fact that the stock headlights are about as bad as they get....

Mikey

08 4 door Rubicon, RE 4.5" Long arm lift, Hutchinson Rock Monster Wheels and 37" M16's, Banks exhaust, AFE, Hypertech, Superior 5:13 gears, JE Reel 1350 drivshafts, Fabfour bumpers and rock slider, Tuffy, interior Line-Xed, Warn, Poly Performance, IPF, Lightforce, Hella fogs.

Last edited by SgtMikey; 10-13-2009 at 08:19 PM.
post #3 of 28 Old 10-13-2009, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtMikey View Post
Try Susquhana Motor Sports (sorry about the spelling) and their kit for the JK, web search the HID kits and Northrige4x4.com is supposed to have a kit out by X-mas using the Fatboy bulbs.

I'm personally waiting on Northridges kit but you are correct in the fact that the stock headlights are about as bad as they get....

Mikey
thank you Mikey ( - :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 10-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Granite Guru

I went with these

Delta 7" Round Quad Bar Xenon Headlamp Kit
Quadratec Part No: 97009.301
$150.99

Dont know if they are worth a flicker, but I shall see........or not

2009 JK Rubicon:
post #5 of 28 Old 10-30-2009, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

SoCal147,

thanks for the detailed info, i ordered a set of Delta 7" Round Quad Bar Xenon Headlamps from Quadratec but they're on backorder ) - : i can't find anyone that has the Delta 7" Round Quad Bar Xenon Headlamps in stock ready to ship.

btw, the Delta Round Quad Bar Xenon Headlamps flicker, more info please?????

jeep
post #6 of 28 Old 10-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Rock God

Currently using the Sylvania Silverstars way better then stock and not expensive.

"All wranglers are jeeps, not all jeeps are wranglers"

"Holding out for the Pentastar in 2012"
post #7 of 28 Old 10-30-2009, 05:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

FWIW I love my Deltas

they're especially good after I built a new wire harness to get the headlights off of the factory pulsed power and added 55/100w bulbs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #8 of 28 Old 11-01-2009, 05:18 PM
JKO Addict!

I threw a set of PIAA superwhite bulbs in my jeep. A huge improvement over stock for under 100 bones.
post #9 of 28 Old 11-01-2009, 05:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i just put a set of bi-xenon hid in mone from anzo usa they are far better than stock

www.jeepasylum.com
post #10 of 28 Old 11-01-2009, 05:27 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

I have yet to find the PIAA superwhite around here. Do you have a part number handy? The parts guy at my local (its actually right next door) pep boys can't find it!
post #11 of 28 Old 11-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Wheeler

Question

Anyone running LED'sThey sound like next best thing to sliced bread.
post #12 of 28 Old 11-01-2009, 07:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2run View Post
Currently using the Sylvania Silverstars way better then stock and not expensive.

What he said, I made a post in this section with the PNs a month ago I think. Do a search on Sylvania Sivlerstars.
post #13 of 28 Old 11-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 651roy View Post
Anyone running LED'sThey sound like next best thing to sliced bread.
Yep, there's one member up in Maryland who has them. He did a write up in electrical tech. Figure about $650 just for the lights. You'll probably need a harness too. Figure another hundy for that unless you make your own.
post #14 of 28 Old 11-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Wheeler

Thanks. I'll look for the post.
post #15 of 28 Old 11-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Rock God

Garage

i got the sylvania's today. just did the headlights and based on the results, ill be getting the fog light ones next week! they're a million times better than the shoddy stock ones and a much cheaper alternative for improved headlights.

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
post #16 of 28 Old 11-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by womyn6 View Post
btw, the Delta Round Quad Bar Xenon Headlamps flicker, more info please?????
Mine were also on backorder. Installed today. Just tested and there is no flicker. They are way brighter than stockers. HTH

2009 JK Rubicon:
post #17 of 28 Old 11-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaman View Post
i got the sylvania's today. just did the headlights and based on the results, ill be getting the fog light ones next week
I have yet to use my fogs but if they are anything like the head lights.......Sylvania's
The stock headlights have more issues than just brightness. The lens are plastic and I dont think the reflectors are worth dirt. The Deltas have glass lens and the beam seem to be more focused. HTH

2009 JK Rubicon:

Last edited by SoCal147; 11-09-2009 at 08:45 PM.
post #18 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 07:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaman View Post
i got the sylvania's today. just did the headlights and based on the results, ill be getting the fog light ones next week! they're a million times better than the shoddy stock ones and a much cheaper alternative for improved headlights.
X2 - for me... much better than stock.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
post #19 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 08:57 AM
Rock God

Garage

Has anyone used these? http://store.candlepower.com/90h4hbxtpo.html I was thinking about getting the Hella Vision plus with these bulbs. I still need to make sure that this setup will work together but for the money it seems like a good way to go based off of the reviews.
post #20 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 09:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

for the price of the silverstars you can go hid and the whiter light for me is much better. The HID kits are getting really cheap. In fact i'm looking for H4 bi-xenon bulbs now to utilize the cebie housings that i've had from daniel stern for over a year and it looks like it will be cheaper by a few buck to buy the whole dang kit just to get the bulbs. I guess extra ballast never hurt but I would like the new slim ballast but they are more expensive.

Just playing on ebay to look for a cheaper route for you I found under "7" H4" there is a neat halo replacement like the new bmw's, mazda diamond round cut, and many more for under 20 bucks. Here is the best advice for someone wanting to upgrade would be to upgrade the light buckets to "e"codes, run a stock or close to stock size wattage h4 bulb, then splice into the stock headlight plug by soldering a h4 plug off of the wires in case you want to return it to stock(do not hack off the stock plug, h4 socket plugs can be bought at autozone for 5 or so bucks, got a pair on Saturday).

And that alone will give you way more light than you could imagine and come in under 50 bucks at the most. This is what I used to do to the old GTI's I used to mod and the difference in the U.S. spec 7" and the Euro spec 7" housings were insane in the difference. Hell the only reason that I never did the Stern kit is because the wiring harness came as a put together kit and I never had the time to put it all together so I just ordered a complete plug and play 8000k hid kit to go in the stock housings and a matching foglight kit. Now that I'm laid off i'm trying to finnaly get some of those projects finished, though I am looking for a finished wiring upgrade kit, 100 bucks is a bit overboard...

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

post #21 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2run View Post
I use these as well, Huge improvement!

'07 2 door Rubicon Steel Blue & Black 2 Tone
PROUD to be an
post #22 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKrazed View Post
I use these as well, Huge improvement!
x3 with the silver stars. way better than stock. when they go out I'll look into something better, but for now they're great!

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
post #23 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 12:01 PM
TrailDuty.com

I tried several different bulbs and could never get anything decent out of the stock reflectors.

I wasn't a big fan of the quad bar on the Delta units, so I threw in some of their JK 7" Head Lights, which are DOT certified.

Once I'd figured out a small wiring issue (connectors not in correct in positions), they worked great and I've been happy with them.

I run them off the stock wiring with the xenon bulbs they provided and they are definitely an improvement over stock.

I'm always wary of HID conversions, as HID light really needs a reflector and lens set up for it, but no doubt they will be brighter and whiter than stock.
post #24 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Rock God

hey phil, you got a good pic of these? why didnt you like the quad bar set up?
post #25 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 12:17 PM
TrailDuty.com

Best I could find quickly:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode