2008 p0205 code only when engine is warm - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-03-2014, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

2008 p0205 code only when engine is warm

So today I drove my jeep into work fine with no issues. The problem started when I went for lunch. The jeep ran fine on the way to lunch, but after I shut off the engine grabbed my food and got back in (roughly 10-15 minutes) it threw me the check engine and started missfiring. After I drove around it eventually went away. When I left work I expected the same miss fire but it was gone. I decided to stop and the gas station on the way home and low and behold after the engine cooled slightly and was started again so did the missfire. I went home check the code and saw it was an open circuit so I tried disconnecting the connector to the injector to check to see if there was any oil on it ( got a little sloppy on my last oil change) the connector was dry. I reconnected it and fired it up and was smooth as butter. Took it around the block got it up to operating temp, pulled into the drive way turned it off, waited about 10 minutes fired it up and the missfire came back. Does any one have an idea what may be causing this? Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-03-2014, 10:12 PM
Wheeler

Put a multi meter on your ignition coil I had the same issue. Replaced my coil and my leads while I was working on it. Works perfect now.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-03-2014, 10:39 PM
Granite Guru

I just went through this in Dec.

I replaced the coil and it cleared the code, but I still had a rough idle. Swapped plugs and cables, all is good now.

Change the plugs on the passenger is a bitch.

2007 JK Unlimited
TeraFlex 6inch Long Arm
Front EVO Double Throw Down Coilover + Triple Bypass
PR44 HD Unlimited w/Reids and RCV's
RockJock D60 Rear
37" Nitto Trail Grapplers
Red Rock Fab Front bumper w/light tabs
EVO Tire Carrier and Skins
GenRight Full Cage - in progress
4inch HID's
Lowrance Baja 540 GPS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-03-2014, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Yea that's what I was thinking. Was hoping to avoid the plugs till at least 75k cause of how rough it was for me just to get that ignition plug off haha. I'll give the plugs and wires a go this weekend while I'm doing the wheel bearings and if that doesn't clear it up I'll do the coil as well. Thanks for the input again!
post #5 of 6 Old 03-04-2014, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Just an update replaced the cables and plugs now I'm getting a p0300 random misfire and was also getting a back fire going to the store to pick up the new coil pack now
post #6 of 6 Old 03-04-2014, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Alright got the new coil put in was still back firing... then I looked and saw that I switched two of the spark plug wires. Got them switched. Was running good. Took it for another test drive. Got home, shut it off, waited a couple minutes, turned it back on and the same missfire from the start was back again. I have no idea what could be causing the issue now. I used NGK G power plugs I got whatever cables they had at oriely. I'm out of ideas on what it could be. If anyone had anything else to chip it it would be appreciated before I sink all my regearing money into a shop to fix whatever the missfire is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode