Door Locks Broken - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-10-2009, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Door Locks Broken

Has anyone ran into this problem? My door locks will not work by using the key fob or the switches on the door. When I hit lock or unlock on the key fob the horn beeps the hazard lights blink but nothing else.

Póg mo thóin!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-10-2009, 04:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Door locks.... we dont need no stiinnnnkkiiinnggg door locks..... I cannot remember when the last time I locked the doors..

Have you checked the fuse - and do they lock when you press the button inside the jeep (not the fob) I think that is want you meant by the switches on the door... just making sure. Fuse first then punt.

That is about the extent of my technical expertise... good luck on the fix
post #3 of 6 Old 10-10-2009, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Yeah I know but we got riff raff around these parts and it sometimes slows them down enough for me or another to come running out and beat the livin chit out of'em.

Yep checked the fuse and no the switch on the inside is a big negative. I'm lost to.

Póg mo thóin!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 10-11-2009, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk_techcrash View Post
Yeah I know but we got riff raff around these parts and it sometimes slows them down enough for me or another to come running out and beat the livin chit out of'em.

Yep checked the fuse and no the switch on the inside is a big negative. I'm lost to.
Ok Mr.Ron you win, I'm an idiot again. I checked the wrong fuse.LOL FYI, it's the PINKish fuse with the big ole 25 on it. I originally checked the wrong one so I went back to the manual. IT ALL WORKS NOW> THANKS

Póg mo thóin!
post #5 of 6 Old 10-11-2009, 10:15 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Ok Mr.Ron you win, I'm an idiot again. I checked the wrong fuse.LOL FYI, it's the PINKish fuse with the big ole 25 on it. I originally checked the wrong one so I went back to the manual. IT ALL WORKS NOW> THANKS
LOLz.... I don't think there is an honest person on earth that can say that they have not missed a fuse during trouble shooting..... it happens. Good news is that you figured it out.

Quote:
Riff raff..... did you see the "Houston" under my name lol... we have some world class riff raff in these parts. I worry about some A-hole cutting my top so I have a Tuffy center console - everything worth anything goes in there - I leave the doors unlocked and usually leave a window down (when the doors are on)...

Last edited by Mr.RonGilbert; 10-11-2009 at 10:19 AM.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Wheeler

Mine randomly picks a door to not unlock. Sometimes they all unlock sometimes only some...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode