OBA and sPOD plus 50" light - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-24-2014, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Apt
I Put the FU in FUN

Garage
OBA and sPOD plus 50" light

Got some wiring done on the weekend. I got to see what the lightbar produces for light output firsthand. Holy crap it's bright. The sPOD works well with the viair onboard air system. I just have some cleanup to do on the wiring and routing to improve. The last picture shows the disaster I removed from the dash for the spod. Love this thing. And I love the Bluetooth toy as well. Thx JasonMac on that.
Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1393268390.769941.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  905.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1393268413.436085.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  831.2 KBName:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1393268431.186860.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  805.4 KBName:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1393268458.414258.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  625.3 KBName:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1393268495.716477.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  853.3 KB

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-15-2014, 06:05 AM
Granite Guru

very nice, I did the same thing...

I had the Dually's on, and found that they really did not add anymore light after the 50". Now I need to find another good use for them, maybe in the back.

35" KM2's - Poly Performance Fox Coilover system - TeraFlex Arms - PSC Ram - Rugged Ridge Modular Snorkel - COP 4X4 Nack Attack - Tatton Driveshaft - S-POD - 5.13 and 6 speed.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-13-2014, 11:41 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandegrift View Post
very nice, I did the same thing...

I had the Dually's on, and found that they really did not add anymore light after the 50". Now I need to find another good use for them, maybe in the back.
Good to know. So the 50" bar is a good flood light?

I want good light to the sides and would have used the pillar lights for that. Guess when the time comes I will try the 50" light bar first add pillar lights later if I feel I want more flood light later. In fact I would be tempted to just turn those pillar lights to the sides and almost backward for more light around me.

Would you add LEDs to the bumper for distance over the light bar?
I like for driving on the highway. Not sure I would run a 50" bar on the street lol would get pulled over likely around my area.

JKUR auto | 5:38 | tires 36"x17 wheels 9"x4.5"bs | TF 6"| ASFIR bumpers, skids | SuperWinch EPi9.5 | RCV shafts | SC traildash | Xenon fenders | OBA York

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-19-2014, 12:44 AM
ADDICTION II build begins....

I did the same thing off of the sPOD....works great! And using an extra relay (like in the sPOD) I wired in a 20" light bar to the factory fog light wiring and works of the main lights/fog light control.

U.S. Army
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-22-2014, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
Apt
I Put the FU in FUN

Garage

I was driving through Iowa and the high winds were so fierce that the drivers side bolt broke on the 50". It was hanging by the passenger side bolt and the wiring harness until we pulled over.
The noise is ridiculous anyway so I'm leaving it off. I'll sell it soon enough and be happy with my two sets of Rigids on the front.

post #6 of 7 Old 04-22-2014, 08:34 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apt View Post
I was driving through Iowa and the high winds were so fierce that the drivers side bolt broke on the 50". It was hanging by the passenger side bolt and the wiring harness until we pulled over.
The noise is ridiculous anyway so I'm leaving it off. I'll sell it soon enough and be happy with my two sets of Rigids on the front.

I am assuming the 50" bar is one of the cheaper bars? This seems to be a common issue with some of these bars.

Jon

08 Rubicon
post #7 of 7 Old 04-22-2014, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Apt
I Put the FU in FUN

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinJon View Post
I am assuming the 50" bar is one of the cheaper bars? This seems to be a common issue with some of these bars.
Yup. Ebay special.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode